screen resolutions?

matg

hey i just wanted to know what most people are using as screen resolutions ? i only have a 1680x1050 :'(

and was wondering if the differrence  to a 1900x1200 would be worth it?also any recommendations would be

excellent 8)thanks.

I'd say select the native resolution for your screen, specially LCD screens do not like going to higher resolutions as their native ones, so if it says 1680x1050 leave it at that.

For some reason i get good frame rates, everywhere except Perth.

That is a known flightsim glitch, was the same in fs9 as in previous versions, most probably has to do something with the global data for that part.

thanks for the replies :)

Mango i have a gtx 285 1g it came with a oc utility but unfortunatly when i adjust the shader clock ,it starts playing up

(black screen)plus im a novice,it does say it should oc30% any ideas? 8)

tomcat i fly around perth alot to the 285 gives me easy 30 fps into jandakot ,its a hell of a lot better than my old 9800gx2

only a few texture pop ins every now and then.my computers average at best Q6600 3.3(its all i can get stable :-[)

ill let you know if i go for the new screen.

thanks for the replies :)

Mango i have a gtx 285 1g it came with a oc utility but unfortunatly when i adjust the shader clock ,it starts playing up

(black screen)plus im a novice,it does say it should oc30% any ideas? 8)

Hi matg, this is advice I've used which works OK for me - gleaned from another forum

quote:

1. pushing shaders up first

2. then push GPU core clocks (maximum of 1/2 of shaders value)

3. as a last step push memory until it hardlocks your system on stress testing or in games and then revert to the last stable value 

When pushing shaders you have to keep in mind that they actually run speeds based on specific increments, so whatever you set in RivaTuner may not be what you think it is. EVGA Precision or GPU-Z should report correct current clocks, no matter what you set in your GPU overclocking software.

At some point of pushing those clocks you will encounter trouble when stressing your GPU, here are most common explanations of errors:

[after techpowerup forums]

If your system hard-locks, and requires a reboot then your memory is too high.

If your system is showing weird artifacts like flashing colors and intermittent blank screens and/or the driver crashes, then your shaders are too high.

If only the nvidia driver crashes without any visual anomalies, then your core is too high.

unquote.

It helps to use the Evga graphics overclocker which is easy to understand and works well, keeping the above advice in mind.  ;)

A 285 is good for 1920 res, no doubt. Not sure which utility you are using - with the EVGA precision tool the shader follows the core. First i figured how far the core clock would go and pulled back 5 MHz - then set the memory 5 MHz below its highest clock. That's a water cooled 280 GTX which runs now at 745 core and 2700 (1350) memory. I have to check the shader frequency again (i am not at my FSX PC right now). If your card is air-cooled, keep a very close eye on the temps.

Archived