A Bear Trashes Your Plane? -- Reach for the Duct Tape!

BennyHill

Apparently a bear attacked this plane while parked on a remote field up in Alaska. The pilot had not cleaned out the inside after a long fishing trip and the bear smelt it.

He had 2 new tires, 3 cases of Duct Tape and several rolls of cellophane flown in, and then went about repairing the plane so he could fly it home.

I guess this settles the argument once and for all. Yes, men CAN fix anything with duct tape!

Never saw a 'roo do that to a plane!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well, the fabric on the fuselage isn't structural, so as long as the tubing is undamaged, and the change in C of G is taken into account, that shouldn't be a problem. I'd be much more worried about the stabiliser. You can see from the second picture that it's well bent out of shape. And it's a flying surface too. No way is that going to be fixed with a bit of duct tape. Interesting that there isn't a picture of the "repaired" stabiliser... (repairs all carefully shown from the "good" side!)

Well, the fabric on the fuselage isn't structural, so as long as the tubing is undamaged, and the change in C of G is taken into account, that shouldn't be a problem. I'd be much more worried about the stabiliser. You can see from the second picture that it's well bent out of shape. And it's a flying surface too. No way is that going to be fixed with a bit of duct tape. Interesting that there isn't a picture of the "repaired" stabiliser... (repairs all carefully shown from the "good" side!)

1st Pic Tim , yeah its a eal mess alright , Pretty hard to deal with that with duct tape ,,, but you never know

Also is that a gun next to pilots window in the last picture? If so it's massive!

Umm, that is an infected pitot tube, that was bit by a malarian mosquito..

No man, that is a gun boot (case) that hold a gun to snowmachines, 4-wheelers, and as you see in the pic...planes.

A typical sight up here.

Archived