OOM Error

US77743

Hello,

I purchased ORBX EU England this morning and it looks amazing product, However I now run into Out of memory errors even in short 30 min flight. I believe I have the right machine as it is the New PC.

My Specs:

Operating system Windows 10
SPECIFICATION
Processor - Intel® Core™ i5-6500 Processor
- Quad-core
- 3.2 GHz
- 6 MB cache
Memory (RAM) 8 GB DDR4 (16 GB maximum installable RAM)
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8 GB)
Storage - 1 TB HDD, 7200 rpm
- 120 GB SSD

Thanks,

Welcome to the reality of 32bit processing as used by FSX (and P3d v3). A 32 bit program can only address 2^32 memory addresses or about 4 Gig of RAM. Its easy enough to hit this limit with stock FSX scenery, but as soon as you add in the gorgeous eye candy of ORBX or any other graphically advanced add-on, you will hit the OOM wall sooner in your flight. The solution to this frustrating limit is P3D v4 - a 64 bit program (do the math as they say).

I have both P3D v3 and v4 on my  system. Today in v3 (with admittedly very high graphic settings I flew from ORBX Palm Springs to ORBX San Diego and OOD'd on the final approach. Switched to v4, took off from Palm Springs, landed San Diego,  took off again,  flew across whole met LA, carried on up coast of California and landed at San Fran .....no OOD and could have kept going if other early business had not called me away from my rig.

If you look at these forums (fora?) you will see that ORBX are working hard to get their products converted to a 64 bit compatible state, and they are doing that at no cost to the client.  ( !!! ). They already have the region packages and the global packs converted and they work fine under P3D v4. Everyone is now waiting on the critical conversion of the Object Flow system to allow the ORBX airfields to be used in v4.

So, yes it is an amazing product, but until ORBX and their army of beta testers come up with the 64 bit magic you  will have to shorten your flight plans and or move some graphic setting sliders to the left to avoid (postpone) OOD's....... oh yes and get P3D v4 because FSX is going nowhere soon.

(foot note ... in the time its taken me to knock this out on small tablet Triplane has already sent the same message but more succinctly .....still doesn't hurt to reinforce the message)

RT

Archived