Weird issues after P3Dv4 Debugging Process

yorgosGK

I was getting a random CTD on startup so I finally used the nuclear option (lol!) and went along with LM's debugging method of deleting all folders in app data/program data etc.

I knew I would have to reinstall a lot of my scenery but I was pretty sure I didn't have to do the same with my ORBX stuff...I may be wrong? Any who after their steps, my sim FINALLY started up again. So after all day of slowly re-introducing all my addons back I'd like to say I am back to where i left it off.

BUT (and there is always a but:P) for some reason my ORBX stuff doesn't feel right... I am getting what seems to be competing textures and a lot of last second loads of textures. First I was getting black grass at LOWI, then flying over Greece towards Athens I was getting what looks like a diamond grid looking things....kind of looking like shadows or black tiles.

Please have a look at my pictures they are in my FTX Issues album (latest  5).  

Also, in LOWI I have black looking grass when in one view and then at the topview the issue is GONE - all in the SAME scenerio...yes! The blackness leaves only when on top view :o 

These may be SEPARATE issues but I have a feeling my issue is not properly reconnecting stuff into my sim in general.

To add insult to injury. I also have PILOTS new Ultimate Mesh. I ran their setup and selected only the scenery fix/install during their install wizard (I read in their manual this is what thats used for so you dont need to install all that data again).

In the screens I have ORBX Base, LCeu, Vector, PILOTS Ultimate mesh, REXTD, AS16, PMDG NGX all installed on W10 64bit. 

P.S Yesterday I was getting an error when opening FTX Central and opened this thread - I fixed it but it may be alllll tied to the same issue here. Thanks team. 

7 hours ago, yorgosGK said:

went along with LM's debugging method of deleting all folders in app data/program data etc.

Hello George 

After you deleted the generated folders did you start up the FTX Control Panel ?  If not,  You need to do this as the FTX control panel will synchronize your orbx entries again 

Just launch the FTX control Panel and wait 10 \ 15 seconds,  Then close it and launch Prepar3D and test  

Hello George

Did you have these Issues (Black grass) before you deleted the generated folders ? 

For the Orbx Scenery you have Installed try these steps

-----------------------------------------

1) Force an update of the "Orbxlibs" by Deleting the version text file located below, it will look like this  FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT  

Prepar3D v4 ► ORBX  User Documents ► Versions ► FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT

Launch the FTX central control panel and Insure you pick Prepar3D v4 as your simulator  this action will prompt you to reinstall\update Orbxlibs,  Click the blue box  (Bottom left corner)

----------

2)  In the FTX Central control Panel click Settings and click the tab  "FTX entries should be inserted below" and Insure your FTX Scenery is Inserted below your 3rd Party Scenery (Non orbx)

In General settings,  Tick the Box for  "Use Object Flow"  and click Save 

In Tools settings..........

A: Force a re-migration by clicking the blue Tab   "Force Migration"

B: Click on the Vector control panel Tab,   Un-tick the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)  option,  then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and Insure you click Appy when the process is complete 

Now Close the FTX Central control panel 

----------

3)  Run the Migration Troubleshooter to Insure the Integrity of the Orbx Files, at the location below

Prepar3D v4 ► ORBX ► Troubleshooter ► Migration Troubleshooter.exe

----------

4)  Launch Prepar3D and navigate to World > Scenery library and confirm that your 3rd Party Airports are above the FTX scenery. 

Also,  Set the Mesh Resolution to the recommended settings of 5 in  Prepar3D > Options > World

----------

If you are still having Issues with Lowi, you could reinstall it by deleting the version text File at the location below,  It will look like this  FTX_EU_LOWI.TXT

Prepar3D v4 ► ORBX  User Documents ► Versions ► FTX_EU_LOWI.TXT

Launch the FTX Central Control panel and click Install for LOWI

----------

Also have a look at the Topic below for more Information about compatibility with LOWI and Pilots mesh  (At the bottom of the the first post)

Let us know how you get on 

Okay so thank you for the great descriptive reply. I did allll of that and have done several flights.

I think I still have issue with competing textures. SOMETHING doesn't feel right. I know from seeing repetitive tiles in Italy and becuase I always get an error when pressing OK when in the scenery library. Have a look at the error in this picture here

Also please have a look at my whole album on flicker. I show FTX Central screens and in sim screens

Have a look at this album I still feel like there is something default competing - as I fly i get last second popping of textures and EXTREME blurries. I have a 4790k on water @4.7Ghz with a 980ti G1 gameing edition.

This message has often popped up in previous versions of Prepar3D but is now more prevalent with v4,  We now use 2 ways of Installing \ launching scenery the scenery.cfg file and the add-on.xml file method. 

Lockheed Martin are aware of this error message, please see below for more details 

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126035

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6307&t=125876

--------

I see from the Images you have the Fly Tampa scenery at Priority 57, 58, 59, 60  Maybe move these up over the FTX scenery just below the Greyed out entries 

---------

On the Autogen popping and blurriness Issues,  There is a 5 page Topic on the Prepar3D Forums on this subject,   Its locked now but you can have a flick through it

This is just one post from the LM staff 

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=125808&start=15#p163610

--------

Just some very basic house cleaning you could try that might help,   If not please see my post above 

1)  Insure you SSD \ hard drive is healthy and up to the Task,  Test it and confirm 

2)  Experiment with your Terrain and Scenery Object settings via Prepar3D > Options-World.  Even a 6 gig Graphics card will possibly struggle with High settings and Add On's in v4,  depends on the amount of sliders and boxs you have Ticked of course in the Options page  

2)  Is  your 4.7Ghz a stock build or have you Manually Overclocked it ?   Maybe turn it down a bit even to 4.3 and then test 

3)  Remove any Tweaks you might have in the Prepar3D.cfg

4)  Delete the following 1 file and 2 folders,  These will generated again when Prepar3D is launched,  This will not effect any of your Add On's,  You will have to adjust your graphic \ scenery settings again via Prepar3D  > Options after you delete the Prepar3D.cfg file

Delete the file and folders in blue,  Launch Prepar3D and test.  

Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ►Prepar3D v4 -  SceneryIndexes_x64

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 - Prepar3D.cfg 

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 - Shaders 

Archived