Strange scenery behaviour

jwilly

Transaction ID 598e130b5e002.

I have just bought and installed Ireland and Northern Ireland FTX on my Windows 10 PC running FSX. I have FTX Global, open LC and Vector also installed

When waiting on the strip at Belfast airport, there are cliffs lining either side of the runway. On flying into the airport, the runway blacked out at approach, reappeared as I landed blind and then revealed scenery and buildings on the runway into which I crashed. I am guessing I have elevation data problems?

Any ideas on a fix, please?

Have you gone to search and looked for other comments on this issue?

Before the Mods and Devs reply, best you put your computer spec's in your signature.  Make sure you have used the AEC Which is located in Global Vector ( that will take care of elevation issues).  Are your libraries up to date, if not, get onto it.  If the problem  persists, then it's the big guns will fix you up.

JimNZ

Thanks for the reply, JimNZ.

My signature should now include details of my PC spec, as suggested.

Your advice to run auto-configuration  of AEC in FTX Global Vector seems to have sorted the problem.I applied the changes from auto-configuration, changes to the scenery index showed on booting FSX and Aldergrove airport, Belfast now appears to be displaying normally. A take off and landing showed no scenery glitches.

Thank you very much. I had not realised that AEC needs to be run after each new scenery installation. I did check in the user guide to the scenery and it does not seem to be specifically mentioned in the installation advice.

Thanks once again

Archived