help

Dadtom65

Hi Need help again. have a Gigabyte ep45-ud3p mobo with 4 gig mem. The memory which should run at 1066 in 2 gig pairs has never run at correct speed. After reading Forums I thought it was about time I changed it. Have just altered the voltage that it should run at which is 2.1v. It was at 1.8. This is in dram voltage ?.  Did not seam to change and now I can not get back into Bios when pressing delete. Any body any ideas. Cheers Derek.

Sounds like the new value you put in doesn't like something.

Clear your CMOS - there should be a jumper on your motherboard which will do that so have a look at the manual for the motherboard.

Once you have cleared it, it will start the PC with a Bios at Factory Reset mode. Then tinker again.

I know that my GEIL ram Voltages need to be a 2.4 or they don't work properly at 1066. The DRAM Voltage will depend on the manufacturer and should be written on the sticker on the stick of RAM

Hi Thanks guys, yes after i had put the post in, I thought clear the cmos, its the age thing, done that and back to normal now. Yes I have used the Gigabyte easy tune 6  software, put my q6600 up to, I think it was 3.20. , and no probs. but the mem stayed the same. I have OCZ gold ed. running at it looks like 800 in the bios. when it should be running at 1066. Perhaps besides the mem voltage, there is some thing else I should be changing. there does not seem to be any thing in easytune 6 to alter memory. I am going to have to get some body to go through the bios with me. I thought I must get the memory sorted before I do the cpu again. derek

Archived