Water over shadow on texture? (P3Dv4)

YoYo

Hmm, I noticed Today this on some of textures in P3Dv4 (Global, Vector, OpenLC NA, here is Pacific Fjords region but I noticed it in the other regions too)

Nowy-1JPG_qhhpnhw.jpg

Looks like water "cakes" textures over black colour on texture (it simulates shadows). When I approach to this in the final the blue will be black (and proper texture).

Bigger view:

Prepar3D-_qhhpnqa.jpg

Other place near here with datas:

Prepar3D-_qhhpenx.jpg

This screen was done near CBW2, start to the north and turn to the right in the first canyon for example. A lot of this issues here.

I noticed it on Tongass Fjords (FSAddon) installed in P3Dv4. When You are close of this problematic texture will be ok.

I tested it with different settings of LOD or  TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP= and this problem is present still.

It looks like a global problem in P3Dv4.

I open the new topic on LM Forum, check it here: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=126240&p=164746#p164746

btw. They reply my on LM Forum:

Thanks for updating us. There are landclass areas where this effect is desired including wetlands and swamps. We can look into fixing areas where this is applied incorrectly in future releases. If you can post specific locations where you're seeing this applied incorrectly that will help us fix any outstanding issues.

So feel free to update this topic if You notice it too.

• 4 weeks later...

I just noticed I'm seeing the exact same problem in P3Dv4 while flying over any forest that has that same global ground texture containing the black.

Near any water, the black is replaced with water, as seen from a distance. Most of it turns black as I get close, but not all of it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/8/2017 at 8:58 PM, YoYo said:

It looks like a global problem in P3Dv4.

I open the new topic on LM Forum, check it here: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=126240&p=164746#p164746

btw. They reply my on LM Fo

Yes, i have seen it in the mountain areas around south of Greece, after take off from LGAV airport. Very annoying to see the side areas of a mountain like lakes. Thank you!. Previous versions of Par3d didn't have that issue. My email is antoniosrok@gmail.com

So feel free to update this topic if You notice it too.

Archived