NRM Terrain Issues in P3Dv4

I am experiencing textures poping in and out and changes to Mesh in one area within NRM. 

Location:  Thompson Falls, MT @ N 47deg 35' 48" N 115deg 20' 37" W  This is near KTHM.  The terrain popping and Mesh moving happens between S34 (Plains) to the east and ID32 (Tuka) on the southern side of the Clark Fork River.  This valley and river feeds into Lake Pend Oreille at Sandpoint.

Trying to figure what level of Orbx scenery the issue was with, required me uncheck the NRM boxes in the scenery library (4).  Once this was done, marshy areas on the side of the hills were gone and so was the changing of elevation on this side of the valley.

This is a wonderful area to fly with access to two of my favorite places to fly from (65S and KSFF).

Thanks for a review of this issue.

I have also experienced what appears to be texture "morphing" or "popping" in regions located within NRM (P3dv4 update).  These events appear to involve textures that look to represent both dry land and marshy areas and they typically occur as I am flying in valleys that contain small rivers/creeks.  I can confirm Mr. Hickerson's area listed above as being one area that has this difficulty.  Here is another:  44 43.52N, 122 09.37W (Detroit Lake, OR down the valley at a bearing of 112 degrees true for approx 10 miles.

I am using P3d v4 and have NRM, Global, Vector and NA OLC loaded.  I also use Pilots Global Mesh.  To try to help determine what might be happening I selectively removed each of these products individually.  It appears the problem was resolved on my system by removing NRM only.  Interestingly, I do not see this problem when I fly in the other Orbx territories (CRM, NCA, PFJ, PNW, SAK, SCA).  

I really appreciate the great effort on the part of the Orbx team to make these scenery areas compatible with P3dv4 as quickly as they did.  Great job!  I hope our observations here can provide some assistance in resolving this issue.

John  

Archived