RAN Super Puma

Butch

Hi Guys and Gals,

My first payware copter, Ryan will be pleased, the conversion is working... hehehe...

I originally did this one for myself as a test bed, I was flying around this evening in the Puma and it I thought it was about time to posted something for download.

Anyway, it's in the Aussiex library now and I hope you like them dirty. hehehe...

Cheers

Butch

Posted Image

Great work Butch, that looks fantastic! How is the Super Puma? I still haven't splurged on a payware eggbeater yet, even though I spend a lot of time in the stock Bell (with OZx enhancements of course!) and the freeware Piasecki (my favourite - including the nice 1960's style RAN repaint from OZx too!)

Dex, if you like realism of course the dodo is the way to go, but Nemeth are getting better and better with their payware, it is a real startup on this one which is pretty cool, I am always looking for the most realistic one so I might not be the best to give advice if your just looking for a whack around, glad to see your still enjoying the HD Bell mate.

I agree, you guys are good at the arm twisting.

Geez, Butch, between you and Ryan, what chance have the rest of the fixed wing community got?.....hahaha

That is a great paint job, mate. Meticulous detail. But then, one would not expect anything less from you!

Frank

P.S. OOOOhhhh, the dark side's calling

Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for the comments gents, appreciate it.

@Dex - the Puma is probably one of my favourite eggbeaters because I can fly this one and most importantly I can land it! I've made some changes to the FM, mainly with the authority of the tail rotor and now its a gem to fly.

I use this one when I am checking out new scenery because its so stable. Point to point flying however is problematic (except the Dodo 206) because you can't trim it. There are trim gauges but even still I find it tedious. The only solution I've found is the Autopilot from Atti and Dirk, it works a treat as the VC controls for the 'suedo' AP actually control the addon AP gauge.

Anyway, I am rambling... one word of warning, this eggbeater requires Acceleration or it will not start.

I've posted a couple more piccies just to tease you. :)

Cheers

Butch

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow, truly amazing job.

The only thing that gets be out of my JS41 is the Dodo and Huey, but this looks really tempting with this paint job.

Ryan where is that HD VC for the dodo, man you could sell that easyyyyyy. :)

What I love about The dodo/Huey is the pure enjoyment and challenge flying them unlike the Cub that is a great peace of work but so easy and so slowwww to fly. Love the Cub but.....

Yes I know what you mean about low and slow, although this one will go up to 140 to 160 kts so easily a Cessna equal in terms of ground covered.

Thanks again guys, not bad for freeware, hehehehe...  ;D

Wow, truly amazing job.

The only thing that gets be out of my JS41 is the Dodo and Huey, but this looks really tempting with this paint job.

Ryan where is that HD VC for the dodo, man you could sell that easyyyyyy. :)

What I love about The dodo/Huey is the pure enjoyment and challenge flying them unlike the Cub that is a great peace of work but so easy and so slowwww to fly. Love the Cub but.....

I forgot to mention I have the J41 too and as soon as the paint kit is out I'll do a few of them as well.

Some of which will be slightly used heheheh... :)

Excellent work mate, really pleased to see this going public, you deserve the praise.

Russ.

Thanks mate, much appreciated. For those who may not know, Russ was my texture 'Jedi master'. 

Great work Butch, that looks fantastic! How is the Super Puma? I still haven't splurged on a payware eggbeater yet, even though I spend a lot of time in the stock Bell (with OZx enhancements of course!) and the freeware Piasecki (my favourite - including the nice 1960's style RAN repaint from OZx too!)

All I can say is the more I fly the Dodo 206 is the more I like it, I feel like I'm getting better each time I fly it and find I can move it around just a few feet off the ground at low speed - very rewarding. The only downside is that I found it has left me feeling that any other payware helo might disappoint me because it won't live up the the expectation the Dodo has left me with. Still I suppose that is saving me money lol and I'm almost certain to get the Huey when they release it, assuming it is as good the 206 which I'd imagine it would be.  8)

nice

but it looks a bit dark to the normal grey they use

anyway still nice

You're right but there is a 'small' difference, theirs are clean mine is filthy hehehe...

I started out with the same shade of grey all that grime took its toll.  ;D

Cheers

Butch

Archived