Duplicate afcads in Orbx regions

B77X

Formatted hard drive and installed everything for P3D version 4. Here are airports with duplicate afcads listed, the window in front shows the many different airport afcad files of one airport. The rest in the list mostly have just 1 duplicate. Some of these problems I've been reporting for years...

orbxdupes.jpg

Hello David

It is not at all clear where your duplicate Fishermans Bay SPB ADE files are coming from.

I have just checked a clean install of FTX PNW in P3D v4 and find only one WA81 file, dated from 2014.

The only Orbx airports close by that would seem likely to add a WA81 are KORS and KFHR.   I have done a fresh install with FTXC3 of both and no additional WA81 ADE files are added.  

As mentioned in the instructions for SAS,  the duplicates it finds are not necessarily true duplicates.  In one case note the LPS in the file name so that is not a duplicate. The only sure way to confirm a duplicate is to open the .bgl  with ADE or other airport editor  to see what it actually contains. 

However if the duplicate files bother you, try disabling one. You can always re-enable it.

3 hours ago, Larry_R said:

Hello David

It is not at all clear where your duplicate Fishermans Bay SPB ADE files are coming from.

I have just checked a clean install of FTX PNW in P3D v4 and find only one WA81 file, dated from 2014.

The only Orbx airports close by that would seem likely to add a WA81 are KORS and KFHR.   I have done a fresh install with FTXC3 of both and no additional WA81 ADE files are added.  

As mentioned in the instructions for SAS,  the duplicates it finds are not necessarily true duplicates.  In one case note the LPS in the file name so that is not a duplicate. The only sure way to confirm a duplicate is to open the .bgl  with ADE or other airport editor  to see what it actually contains. 

However if the duplicate files bother you, try disabling one. You can always re-enable it.

The airport WA80 is coded to the wrong airport. The SPB and SBP look like the same thing just a spelling error. My installation was from release of the v4 compatibility.

OK, I have confirmed that;

The file ADE_FTX_PNW_WA80_McClellan_Field.BGL begins with the xml

<Airport

country="United States"

state="Washington"

city="Lopez"

name="Fishermans Bay/Lps"

lat="48.5163133218884"

lon="-122.916586697102"

alt="0.0M"

magvar="-20"

trafficScalar="0.7"

airportTestRadius="5000.0M"

ident="WA81"

And the WA81 ADE file begins with the same xml. 

McClellan Field is a small airstrip near Mt. St. Helens.

It turns out that in my P3D v3 setup I have 3 WA81 ADE files dating from 2009, 2010 and 2014. I have not checked yet but I suspect some are duplicates and or revisions with additions.  

I'll pass this on but considering all the other things going on,  I doubt there will be a fix soon.

17 hours ago, Larry_R said:

OK, I have confirmed that;

The file ADE_FTX_PNW_WA80_McClellan_Field.BGL begins with the xml

<Airport

country="United States"

state="Washington"

city="Lopez"

name="Fishermans Bay/Lps"

lat="48.5163133218884"

lon="-122.916586697102"

alt="0.0M"

magvar="-20"

trafficScalar="0.7"

airportTestRadius="5000.0M"

ident="WA81"

And the WA81 ADE file begins with the same xml. 

McClellan Field is a small airstrip near Mt. St. Helens.

It turns out that in my P3D v3 setup I have 3 WA81 ADE files dating from 2009, 2010 and 2014. I have not checked yet but I suspect some are duplicates and or revisions with additions.  

I'll pass this on but considering all the other things going on,  I doubt there will be a fix soon.

There is no hurry I just found these duplicates a long time ago and have been posting them when I find in my weekly flight sim clean-up and testing

Archived