Bermuda Triangle in PNW

Bert Pieke

The southern end of Galiano Island, has all my textures overloading, resulting in blurries, black gauges in the VC, my fans going to max speed..

Truly bizarre behavior.  Pausing the sim does not help, best just to fly through it, and at the far end everything recovers..

Now, I do have PNW + VancouverPlus + VictoriaPlus installed, so I do not know if this is caused by a combination of sceneries.. but it is very localized.

If you want to try it, fly from CYCD (Nanaimo) to KORS (Orcas Island).   21 NM from KORS, all hell breaks loose (on my system..)

Edit:  Just tried the flight with VancouverPlus and VictoriaPlus disabled.. same behavior.. weird! 

Bermuda Triangle.jpg

CYCD to KORS.jpg

Hi Bert

I have just checked this area with CAX6, Victoria Plus for Orbx PNW and the PNW ferry system active and find no problems in P3D v3 or v4. Frames on my machine remain around 60 in v4.

If you have the PNW ferry system, I would disable that. CAX6 places no scenery in this area, but disable that too if you have it. Close the GPS window. (As I vaguely remember at one time there were reports of issues with the GPS window.

If you have any AI traffic packages those would be suspect, especially if they have any FS9 AI.  Some AI packages place fake airports and SPBs which also might be suspect. 

How did you install Vic Plus and Van Plus?  I’m assuming you have Vic Plus for Orbx PNW. The older version is not compatible. As I remember,  the traffic files for Vic Plus and Van Plus are not in the respective scenery folders, thus disabling the scenery would not disable the AI traffic.  Also disable the worldwide AI shipping addon if you have it.

The idea is to start with  PNW only, making sure you do not see this issue and then add things back one at a time.

Your system specs would be another pertinent factor. It may be that your hardware can’t keep up.

[Edited to add:]  There is a possibility that  least some of the AI associated with Vic Plus or Van Plus may not be compatible with P3D v4. Most likely you would have added the AI aircraft and the traffic files manually, in which case I would disable the traffic files to see if this is the cause.

Capture4.JPG

Larry,  One more test, and it is NOT your Ferries that are causing this.

With your ferries disabled, the situation still occurs..

I have not seen any other areas that behave like this, and it is possible to fly through it,

so I can live with it..

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for checking on this Bert,

I'm sure you could narrow the possible causes down but it may not be worth the effort. One thing you could check however: disable all but FTX PNW and check to see if the problem occurs.

• 1 month later...

I have been able to narrow it down to the (2017) CYYJ airport scenery that I have installed.

Its ADE generated scenery detail somehow conflicts with my various PNW sceneries.

If I temporarily disable CYYJ,  I can fly from CYCD (from the same author) to the payware FTX KORS airport

with only a brief one second pause about 20 NM out.  Apart from that, all smooth sailing..

Re-enable CYYJ, and the Bermuda Triangle effect returns.

So, for now, reinstalling the (2011) CYYJ package is my workaround  B)

Archived