Very low FPS - P3Dv4 - Average of 20 - 25

agiusm

Hi,

First of all I would like to ask for an apology if this question has been asked or answered before. 

I have a rig I bought in 2013 with an Intel Core i5 - 3350P CPU @ 3.10 GHZ. My graphics card is an AMD Raedeon HD7770.

I am running P3Dv4 (no previous versions) and FTX Global, Open LC Europe and EU-England. Apart from that it's all default.

When I ran on all default (without ORBX) I got an average of 55FPS but when I installed ORBX I got 25FPS average. Does anyone have any idea why? I have read hear and there that ORBX products are a little bit unfriendly with frame rates but is it usual to go that low? Is there anything I can do?

My sliders are attatched below.

I would really like to know what you all think .... any input would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mario 

S1.jpg

S2.jpg

Hi,
Seing your specs, your rig is a bit weak for P3Dv4 standard as it needs both strong CPU and GPU to have it smooth

hi,

Lockheed Martins recommended specs for P3Dv4 with no addons are as follows:

CPU Quad Core @ 3.5Ghz or higher.

16GB of DDR4/2666MHz or higher.

Video card with at least 8GB of video RAM with full DirectX 11 Support.

Add ORBX to the equation and it will bring your system to its knees.

So as Richard has stated your machine is underpowered to run P3Dv4 with any efficiency :(

Thank you all for your replies.

I am currently looking for a top end PC.

At least now I have a hint that its my PC not that I have to configure and do a whole set of tweaks in the cfg as to be honest I'm hopeless at them!

Thanks again! :-)

2 hours ago, agiusm said:

Thank you all for your replies.

I am currently looking for a top end PC.

At least now I have a hint that its my PC not that I have to configure and do a whole set of tweaks in the cfg as to be honest I'm hopeless at them!

Thanks again! :-)

You could move your density sliders to the low end, but that would remove most of why you use P3D and Orbx.  A new computer and video card is in order.

Archived