screeshot request - Chicago in AFS2

sightseer

If anyone with AFS2 and the recent Chicago release would take a bunch of screenshots of the peripheral scenery (not Meigs airport itself) and post them, Id appreciate it.  I want to see how the photoreal looks from two to three thousand feet.

Hi Leyland -  thanks for the images.  good altitude for what I wanted to see.  Do you know if the rest of Chicago is done at that same resolution of photoreal or is it just in the immediate airport vicinity?

I know JV said there would be an update to Chicago at a later date so maybe they haven't done that part yet.

The photoreal with autogen is primarily west and north of the airport.  Most of the screenshots you see show that area.  South and west of the airport the higher resolution photo scenery extends quite a way, but without autogen.  JV says the autogen for the larger area will come in an update.  If you have the New York DLC a similar situation exists.  I flew up the East River and Hudson River towards Albany, flying under the bridges.  Good looking bridges and autogen in New York, turning into photo scenery with no autogen by the Tappen Zee Bridge.  Higher resolution photo scenery turns to low resolution before you reach Albany.  So, for now, just do your approaches from the north and take off to the north if you want the full effect at Meigs.  If you don't need the autogen, the larger Chicago area looks OK.  Just posted a screenshot per your request in the screenshot topic.

Pardon me for taking up this thread to experiment with uploading screenshots!

Took some more of Chicago in AFS2 by "dawn's early light" on the assumption that it would highlight 3D scenery from photo scenery.

Leyland

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_07_20170617-131639.jpg

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_11_20170617-131910.jpg

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_12_20170617-132029.jpg

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_14_20170617-132148.jpg

Archived