Unable to Install AU Australia via FTX Central but able to from Zip Download - Please Advise (No Control Panel Option to Configure Product)

Plugger69

Hi Everyone,

As I'm sure a good portion of people are already doing, they are changing over and doing fresh installs of Prepar3D V4 and all currently available addons.

For myself, I have AU Australia I purchased for Prepar3D through the ORBX Store and I was having trouble getting AU Australia to install directly through FTX Central V3.2 and I had this same issue several weeks back with another PC I purchased but ended up taking that PC back and getting a refund because it was a load of crap.

Anyway, on this now another new PC I have which I just love, I have only in the last 2 days done a complete fresh new install of Prepar3D V4 and the first addon I installed was FTX Global Base which installed as smooth as silk. Come to AU Australia to try and install thru FTX Central V3.2, I was getting the attached screen shot error half way through the installation. In the end I decided to go back into my ORBX account and do a manual download thru Internet Download Manager and the 2.52GB I think it was took all of 8 minutes. I then in AU Australia tried to install from the downloaded zip file and everything installed 100% but the only thing I'm concerned about is that the Configure this product Control Panel is greyed out. Does this mean that it hasn't installed properly or is the Control Panel Option not needed for this product ?

Any reason why I would be getting the error trying to install this product directly through FTX Central and I even tried turning my Kaspersky off thinking that could be it but still did the same thing.

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

P.S. Is there any real or material difference from downloading and then installing something directly through FTX Central instead of downloading and installing from a downloaded ZIP file ?. Reason being is that I'm also now going to install Open LC North America from a downloaded ZIP file also as the downloaded will take me not even a 1/4 of the time doing it that way with my Internet Connection than it would through FTX Central. As long as it install the same and is the same product with no difference that`s good enough for me, its just a bit quicker to download and install in the end.

FTX AU Australia Download Error.PNG

Hi,

Kasperski is a known to be problematic if you installed FTX AU when Kasperski was activated, I'd say that is the issue, although I do not have a Control Panel activated with FTX AU either, you could also try using an in-house fix tool for the Zip to repair it.

57 minutes ago, Plugger69 said:

Hi Everyone,

As I'm sure a good portion of people are already doing, they are changing over and doing fresh installs of Prepar3D V4 and all currently available addons.

For myself, I have AU Australia I purchased for Prepar3D through the ORBX Store and I was having trouble getting AU Australia to install directly through FTX Central V3.2 and I had this same issue several weeks back with another PC I purchased but ended up taking that PC back and getting a refund because it was a load of crap.

Anyway, on this now another new PC I have which I just love, I have only in the last 2 days done a complete fresh new install of Prepar3D V4 and the first addon I installed was FTX Global Base which installed as smooth as silk. Come to AU Australia to try and install thru FTX Central V3.2, I was getting the attached screen shot error half way through the installation. In the end I decided to go back into my ORBX account and do a manual download thru Internet Download Manager and the 2.52GB I think it was took all of 8 minutes. I then in AU Australia tried to install from the downloaded zip file and everything installed 100% but the only thing I'm concerned about is that the Configure this product Control Panel is greyed out. Does this mean that it hasn't installed properly or is the Control Panel Option not needed for this product ?

Any reason why I would be getting the error trying to install this product directly through FTX Central and I even tried turning my Kaspersky off thinking that could be it but still did the same thing.

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

P.S. Is there any real or material difference from downloading and then installing something directly through FTX Central instead of downloading and installing from a downloaded ZIP file ?. Reason being is that I'm also now going to install Open LC North America from a downloaded ZIP file also as the downloaded will take me not even a 1/4 of the time doing it that way with my Internet Connection than it would through FTX Central. As long as it install the same and is the same product with no difference that`s good enough for me, its just a bit quicker to download and install in the end.

FTX AU Australia Download Error.PNG

I'm also getting the error when using FTX Central, I haven't been able to download it at all through FTX Central so I'm trying the manual download now..  All Anti-Virus is turned off.  

Archived