Slight stutter bugging the heck outta me

Turnip

I've tweaked the machine until I'm blue in the face but I keep getting a slight stutter when flying. I had linked some of it to hard drive access so I turned off indexing ( VISTA). I then turned off that ReadyBoost thing and it killed my frame rates. This is just a slight stutter and it does it when I'm using autogen scenery and when I'm not. I added the BUFFER entry into the FSX.CFG and it still does it.

Any ideas?

BTW: I will be working all weekend out of town so I may not respond back here until Sunday.

Guest J van E

Using FX10 maybe? That gives constant ramdon stutters. It stopped me from using DX10 altogether. That and the shimmering airfield textures, the lack of progressive taxi and the loss of fps in some circumstances. DX10 is not worth it.

Guest J van E

I bought a new computer with Vista and a 8800GTX in January 2007 specially to be ready for FSX DX10! It wasn't worth it... Well, it was, because my system can run FSX very nicely, I have to say, but DX10 is utter crap, if you don't mind me saying so. If I were you I'd go back to DX9. Now. Immediately. If I'd know this all before I still would have bought the 8800GTX, but I would have gone for good old XP instead of Vista. Still, I ain't complaining: things run fine in Vista and DX9 and who knows what the future brings (not talking about FS here, because I don't expect FS11 to be here before 2010 and by that time my 8800GTX will be a low budgetcard that won't be able to run FS11 with all sliders left... And btw I couldn't care less about FS11 because FSX and FTX are all I need right now! :) In fact, they give me more than what I've expected of DX10! 8) )

Archived