Cannot "add to account" Pay ware and freeware

Eagle Spirit

I tried to add a "freeware" but nothing happened. I also tried to add the Holgermesh Papua New Guinea intending to buy the associated airport, Jackson Int'l Air Port, however, I don't use FTX Global, so we can forget that. Now, I was also interested in Friday Harbor. When I tried to add that,  it was a go!  However, no PayPal option was offered, or conversion to $. So whats going on with freeware. Money grabbing? Why no PayPal?

This is a part of the reason I have not purchased Orbx products since they discontinued CD's. It seems like such a pain in the "arse" to deal with Orbx. (will I now get a banned letter?)

Regards, Eagle

Hi EagleSpirit, 

We don't offer PayPal anymore, our current purchasing options are Visa, MasterCard, and American Express debit and credit cards. 

Could you post a screenshot of the freeware page that you see?

I congratulate our top bloke Alex on replying to this fella in a civil and patient manner

Eagle Spririt.  Don't get yourself banned.  If you do, you will curse yourself forever.  The scenery that Orbx is putting out is 2nd to none, absolutely unbelievable.  It is the only company I have ever bought from. 

A word of advice.  Buy everything that has Orbx stamped on it and you'll never have any conflicts, and things will run smoothly for you but keep your hat on, the admins and mods are busy, very busy at the moment with huge surprises in store, so go with the masses, be polite.  Using such phrases as "money grabbing" deserves an apology to the hard working Orbx team from you, as it's a pretty low blow, which no one deserves.

JimNZ

Thanks Alex,

Sorry to hear you no longer provide PayPal option. Use it exclusively regarding online purchases.

Not real clear on screen shots. Was on my gaming pc. Ultimately, no action/progress when trying to add purchase to account.

Eagle

15 minutes ago, Alex Goff said:

Hi EagleSpirit, 

We don't offer PayPal anymore, our current purchasing options are Visa, MasterCard, and American Express debit and credit cards. 

Could you post a screenshot of the freeware page that you see?

Please be aware that, for security reasons, a rapidly growing number of American banks are no longer permitting their credit or debit cards to work overseas under any circumstances. In another thread, I've posted a solution to this problem -- that of buying an international VISA card from AAA (American Automobile Association) for $9 that will work to purchase ORBX products. There's no credit check and you don't even need a bank account. Most of my own purchases have been made using such a card, since my own bank will not permit my regular VISA to work on your Australian site. In the future, may I suggest that you offer suggested SOLUTIONS to potential customers who are eager to buy your outstanding products, rather than dismissing their concerns with comments like "We're doing okay."

No worries, we understand some only use PayPal online. If we add payment options beyond credit/debit cards in the future it will be announced.

Regarding the freeware, does your page for Holgermesh PNG look like this? And if you've already added the item to your account, does FTX Central show the item in the application?

gCrHXrI.png

Thanks for input "all".

Yes, page looks like this and I wasn't made aware that the product was added. No indication. I'm having "oom" issues running Orbx/FTX, so will most likely uninstall products, unless I find a way to uninstall Central 3 and revert to previous Central, which provides the option to fly stock FSX.

Eagle 

JimNZ,

Thanks for the lecture.

Alex and David took my comment in stride. (thank you Alex and David)

Can't agree with your product assessment at this time.

On the topic of banning. It is well known through out the simming community that banning is commonly applied to censure product criticism in Orbx forums. Some might call it being "thin skinned". Is "Freedom of Self Expression" dead. Criticism is positive for product development and improvement.

The above feedback by Alex and David is very much appreciated. I understand the concerns for international security.

Regards to all, Eagle

Archived