2W4 runway hight (in KFHR scenery)

gaab

Hello,

I am exploring Friday Harbor (Airport surrounding) and tried to start from the (very) small field 2W4. It looks like there is a runway altitude problem (I have Vector).

Thanks for your help.

Gérard

7oXAuoS.jpg

EDIT = I reloaded FSX, and with the same plane, airport and runway, I have know the runway at the right level, BUT the plane is now floating above the runway !

Any idea about what it's succeeding. What's wrong on my system - I feel completly confused...

Windows 7 -64Kbits

FSX Acc - DX with DX10 Fixer

PNW, KFHR and Vector (concerning this position).

NgzHGBc.jpg

I get also very brief appearance black squares (difficult to catch on print screen).

FDYK9og.jpg

Gérard

Hello,

To give more information on the runway height question on 2W4, I made several flight test always with the same airplane - Antonov An-2:.

1 - Fresh start of FSX
    flight from KORS to 61WA - flying over S31 and turning right to 61WA RW27.
    restart from 61WA RW9,  right turn to 2W4 RW26.

the runway is on a bank

LOGYGHd.jpg

2 - New fresh start of FSX
    Flight from 61WA RW9 to 2W4 RW26 as above

the runway "looks" normal, BUT there is an invisible obstacle which makes the plane "jump" (several trials : not a bouncing landing !!!)

The aircraft is on the runway and stable (2 pics)

5jFJeO6.jpg

3QPqAnv.jpg

Suddenly she jumps !

sCEVz8L.jpg

and fall back

6iZ1jhD.jpg

Not bouncing !

WshoqQh.jpg

3 - Suspecting a memory leak and overwrite, I decided to make the same flights with the default Cessna C-172.

Taking off at KORS, after several landing at KFHR, S31, 61WA, 2W4 (all Ok, no jump, no bank), I suddenly get the same bank at 2W4.

Please let me know if you would like other tests.   

Gérard

Yes, It's broken.
It's a bug that would appear to be low/no priority at the moment, which is a bit of a shame really as the scenery is quite nice otherwise.
I diligently tested as you have, came to the same conclusions you did.
I get the feeling it's intentional and is trying to simulate a rough landing strip...it doesn't work.

See here:

And here...

That terrain anomaly you have in your picture there Gérard (runway is on a bank) is quite intriguing.
I've never see that happen, but when you're running down the runway it does feel like you are bouncing over a rough mesh at times.
A mesh conflict of somekind? Or a faulty flatten?

Hello Davidf4,

Thank you for your input. I feel better : I was wondering if my installation was "broken" as I also had a lot of stutters and even some temporary freezes.

Hope we get somme feedback from ORBX officials and, maybe some suggestions for the control panel.

Gérard

Archived