Dear all,

I have installed quite a few OrbX sceneries. Initially I installed them with the data backup option. By now, my SSD has become quite full. I have the impression that this backup option doubles the file size. Now I am wondering if it is possible to remove the backup files to free up disc space and where these files are located and how they are named.

Probably a re-install will run via the internet without the need of any pre-loaded files on the computer anyway.

In advance many thanks,

Florian

Welcome to the forum(s). The backup files can reside anywhere. If you want to keep them (which I'd recommend) just move them to any drive that has enough space. And, you can change the file name to anything you'd like but the file names must start with "_ful" as in  _ful.name-the-file-anything-you-want.zip

Doug

Hi Doug,

thanks a lot for your reply and locating the post correctly.

I am not 100% sure if I was able to describe my specific problem: In case that a backup (and just a backup) is generated somewhere on the hard disc during the installation process automatically, I would like to remove that. As I am happy with the sceneries and I actually almost always fly in these regions, I would not like to delete the scenery itself - just the backup.

Again thanks,

Florian

Archived