KPSP update suggestion

mrblueskyy

Having flown into Palm Springs on several occasions, as usual, Orbx has done an outstanding job of capturing the airport and vicinity. I was last there for the AOPA expo a few years ago and it was like deja vu in the sim! 

On my very modest system, I was thrilled at how smooth the sim handled your KSPS. (I will say that my system doesn't handle the Los Angeles basin very well with Orbx SoCal but as long as I don't push it, I can get through it without OOM crashes. The trick for me is to stay in VC view and don't pan around too much)

I do have a few minor suggestions if an update were ever in the works.

1 - The lack of a working rotating beacon at night. I know the default FSX beacons are practically useless but it's not the same landing at night without seeing a green/white arc of light on approach. The beacon model on top of the museum hangar is accurate to real life though!

2 - The taxiway lines need to be upgraded to enhanced taxiway center lines at all runway intersections. You have the red runway identifiers on the pavement and even the wig wag lights which is great. Missing this detail would earn you a frown from the FAA, as these taxi lines are part of changes to the FARs several years ago and are required at high traffic airports like KPSP.

3 -  Last, there seems to be a conflict with Orbx NA Freeware airports and other products. As an example, there is a freeware model of KBNG but also a model included in Orbx SoCal and I think another one in in the KPSP upgrade!

Regardless of the scenery priority order, the duplicate freeware/payware airports show up in various places unless you disable the freeware airports before flight.

It would be nice if you could integrate a way for FTX Central to detect duplicate freeware Orbx airports and disable them automatically if another version is competing.

Thanks and I have really enjoyed the May 2017 sale!  A brilliant way to get guys like me to load up on your beautiful scenery products.

~Sam

Just for fun, below is an unaltered screenshot of the Banning pass leaving KPSP westbound near KBNG flying Alebeo's fun little Tri-Pacer.  This shot is with Orbx SoCal, Vector and KPSP installed. :wub:

Screenshot100046.png

And if KPSP is revisited, don't forget to fix the elevation issue mentioned in the link below if it isn't already fixed.  Can't remember if an update ever came out to fix this.

Archived