does SATA 3 SSD = SATA 3 HD?

akmatov

Purchased a SATA 3 SSD to devote to the OS and to FSX.  Also added a MMO, where I saw a marked improvement in fps.  Have now added a new conventional HD that is also SATA 3, ie 6GB/sec.  Would I likely be able to keep the increased fps in the MMO if I moved it to the conventional HD so I can open up space on the SSD, where I can stuff more and more Orbx goodies. :)

Not sure what an MMO is, but I have a similar setup with just the Windows 10 and Ms Office and P3D on the SSD. All my add on Orbx scenery, and there is a lot, are stor d on the other hard drive and everything works well. It takes a little longer to load P3D because of the scenery being on the other hard drive, but only adds about 30 seconds to the load time. You just have to link the scenery to P3D through the Scenery Library.

Thx for the info, MMO is a Massive Multiplayer Online Game, think Warcraft as an example.  The SSD gives me much faster and more fluid movement, frames per second.  Had played off of a SATA II, 3GB/sec conventional HD and installing on a SATA III, 6GB/sec, SSD about doubled the fps, about the same for FSX.  

How did you control where Orbx Central installed the scenery?  I looked but missed that.

Archived