My New Paint for the Dodosim 206

Blitzer

Hello all,

Have been trying my hand at the painting lark again. My latest effort is for the rather good Dodosim 206, the first piccies shows the real helo the repaint was based on. I think the colours may need tweaking some more although my screen shots don't look as good colour wise as in-game. Anyway... here we go...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:)

Thanks for the comments - much appreciated.

For those of you who are interested this repaint is now available for download at...

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=841

Would appreciate any feedback about the installation and/or repaint in general if you happen to install it. I'm rather new to this painting lark so it would be useful to know if you experience any problems.  :)

Great paint!

And yeah, from what I've seen the Dodo 206's VC really looks kinda awful. It even puts me off from getting that baby, despite the excellent system and flight modelling. It's kinda sad to see so much effort being put into an aircraft and then seeing the one place where you spend 99% of your flying time being neglected like that.

its on my long list of future projects to do a 4096 cockpit for this one Jigsaw.

This might sound like a silly question, but how do you go about creating and using a 4096 repaint?

I would assume you simply create an image map of the paint/cockpit at 4096 X 4096 instead of 1024 X 1024, but I thought I tried this  with the external paint but did not get it to work in th egame - is there a step I missed out?  ???

Great paint!

And yeah, from what I've seen the Dodo 206's VC really looks kinda awful. It even puts me off from getting that baby, despite the excellent system and flight modelling. It's kinda sad to see so much effort being put into an aircraft and then seeing the one place where you spend 99% of your flying time being neglected like that.

there is a HD VC at hovercontrol by crazyman47 in his redbull paint

Archived