Can't download/install new purchases

boilerbill

Help! I took advantage of your sale yesterday by purchasing 7 products (order no. 5908c6cf00c8e). So far I have only been able to install 2 of them, FTX Global openLC Europe and AU Australia. When I try to install the others, either (1) FTX shuts down with the message to send the ftxc3.log file (attached) to you, or (2) a Windows BSOD appears. I have tried downloading/installing through FTX Central and by downloading each file and installing directly from it. Despite having a large number of add-on sceneries and aircraft, I have never had any problems at all with my FSX setup in the 7+ years that I've had it.

Information about my system:

I am running FSX on a 64-bit Windows 7 Professional system. FSX is installed on a SSD in its own directory at c:\fsx. It is always started using Run as Administrator. The c:\fsx directory and all of its sub-directories are excluded from virus scans. The Global Base Pack and openLC North America have been installed for a while, as have a couple of free demos. All Orbx products are installed in c:\fsx\ORBX. I am using version 3.1.0.2 of FTX Central 3. I've tried running FTX Central using Run as Administrator and without using it without any effect.

I hope you can help figure this out. I've just recently started using Orbx and am impressed by it (obvious from my recent purchase).

ftxc3.log

Try this mate :

Matthew Webb

• Life Member
  •  
  • Matthew Webb
  • Moderators
  • team_staff.png
  • 2,732 posts
  • Order #:N/A

Hi,

The log is showing an issue with the multithreaded download capability.

The following procedure should work around the issue:

• Go to Settings
  • Under the Tools section, click on "Clear Temp"
  • Under the General section, un-check (disable) the "Use multiple threads for downloads"
  • Hit save
  • Restart FTX Central
  • Try again.

Cheers,

Matt.

Cheers

John

Thanks Matt and John. Your suggestions worked, eventually. However, when I started the whole process the multi-threading option was off and I didn't have any partially loaded files to delete, so I'm wondering why it didn't work then. And after I read your message and did as you suggested, I still had the same problems. But before posting that negative outcome, I decided to try one more time. Lo and behold, everything worked. I also noticed that the downloading seemed to be much faster than it had been, so I'm left wondering if it was also a traffic issue. Anyway, problem solved thanks to you. Now I can investigate Australia and New Zealand before my first trip there next February.

Archived