SQ A380 Engine problem

Bandit

Reports coming in of a engine problem on an Singapore Airlines A380 enroute from Paris to Singapore. Crew decided to turn back.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jGGclGBSyUsKa3ZSaD6NL0992Rnw

http://www.news24.com/Content/World/News/1073/594fadf45f8a4e20b3ff52b3a73769aa/28-09-2009-03-11/Airline_probes_engine_failure

"Two and a half hours into the flight an engine shut down and our pilot took the decision to return to Paris to ensure the maximum safety of the passengers," the spokesman said.

Rolls Royce & SQ are both investigating.

New engine design = teething issues. There have been some minor service life issues for some of the engine components, which RR will probably redesign in the medium term. From an operational point of view they are really good engines. From a maintainability side, I couldn't comment.

looks like the Qantas bashers are quiet this week.. my friend was on a flight from Melbourne to sydney yesterday that turned back due to engine failure and i didnt see a peep of it in the news! :)

looks like the Qantas bashers are quiet this week.. my friend was on a flight from Melbourne to sydney yesterday that turned back due to engine failure and i didnt see a peep of it in the news! :)

Didn't appear in Aviation Herald either, they are normally on top on every event like that.  :-\

Didn't appear in Aviation Herald either, they are normally on top on every event like that.  :-\

Maybe the media lost their direct feed from the industrially savvy ALAEA  ;)

Even as a LAME i cringe everytime that clown opens his mouth.

SQ A380 made its first flight out of YMML yesterday, was quite cool seeing both QF Gate 11 and SQ gate 9 sitting next to each other.

The had the windows of the gate all covered with curtains and spot lights etc for an bit of a party. Pretty funny sice you could just go to the gate 11 windows and look at it.

Archived