A2A Cub

Agrajag

G'day Guys,

Not being a tailwheel flyer I wasn't going to get it but after having read the opinions on these forums I bit the bullet.

I gotta say, I find it to be a great aircraft for practicing some maneouvers. The aileron yaw exercise (have the nose point to a landmark then do large aileron deflections left then right, the aim is to keep the nose pointing at the landmark by using the rudder to remove the adverse yaw) feels exactly like doing it in my real aircraft!

I like the level of energy managment required too. I gotta try some stalls and incipient spin recoveries. I will be a very happy bunny if they are more relaistic too :-)

My first power plane solo was in an RNZAF Aviation sports club Cub at the age of 15. My first SOLO, also at 15 was in a Rohnlerche glider. By the time I did my w"wings" course at 18 I had around 800 hours on Cubs and gliders. I had forgotten just what an easy plane the Cub is to fly well. I had also forgotten how bloody SLOW the thing is :), and where the damn Mag switches were!

Archived