Light spots in Scotland over the landscape

eisenopferd

Hi folks,

after a all new install of the ORBX scenerys with FTX Centra 3 I have a issue with light spots in the landscape in dusk, dawn and night. At daylight the spots are not visible, but when the daylight wents of the spots become visible.

They look like the light spots below the 3d lights at the roads or at some buildings, but at these places thera are no buildings or roads.

I did not recognice these spots in the past, but I am not shure if it comes with the new installation with FTX Central 3...

any idea?

thanks... /Hendrik/

The pictures are at this location, but it seems to be everywhere in the highlands... N58 16.39  W4 24.59

Versions:

FTX AA ORBX Libraries Version 161201 1st December 2016
FTX EU SCO Scotland 1.35 - September 2016
FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.40 September 2015
FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK - Version 1.45 August 2016
FTX openLC Europe Version 1.30 - December 2016

orbx sco flecken day.jpg

orbx sco flecken evening.jpg

orbx sco flecken2.jpg

Hi,
Can you please provide location of the captures ?
FTX Scotland had recently addition of night lights by Eugene. So some spots are visible at dusk and night

1 hour ago, Richard Bui said:

Hi,
Can you please provide location of the captures ?
FTX Scotland had recently addition of night lights by Eugene. So some spots are visible at dusk and night

Hi Richard,

the coordinates are in the text above. But I can try to find a "easy to find" location just byside a airfield.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dayle,

do you have the actual installation with FTX Central 3?

I cant remember if I have seen the spots with the old installation where we had to switch between Global and Europe...

There was no update of SCO (I think) so only the "LC Lookup" migration thing is new.

Cheers /Hendrik/

Hi Hendrik

I have also noticed this and raised it before in this thread:

I made that thread in P3D issues because I thought it was related to my using that platform but I can see it in FSX too - in fact it looks worse in FSX. I thought it looked like default lighting textures somehow bleeding through but really not sure.

If you get a top-down view and zoom out, you can see it is very widespread all over Scotland.

Cheers

Stu

Hi Hendrik

Yes I am and I don't remember seeing it before FTX Central 3 but I certainly can't be sure it didn't happen then as well. It's possible I just didn't fly over Scotland at night before FTX Central 3 came along!

Cheers

Stu

Hi Guys,

I tested it out. I found a backup of the old FSX folder and tryed to look if the spots are there:

There are no spots (and different buildings) in the area around Plockton (UK10). But I just swapped the FSX installation folder, so the newer config-files were still active and I got 2 error messages that some ORBX scenery files were missing.

My old installation was with the old FTX central 2 and FTX SCO version 1.20 from 2014.

So the issue must have come with the SCO update (1.35), the changing to FTX Central 3 or with the converting of the unified lclookup.

/Hendrik/

UK10 orbx old SCO V120.jpg

Hi I just thought I'd post what I see in FSX it looks quite a bit different to the shots above.If you click on the picture it's easier to see that I don't have the spots on the ground just lights along the roads.

August 2015-2017-mar-27-001.jpg

Hi Hendrick, this is my version info for Scotland

FTX EU SCO Scotland 1.35 - September 2016

Yes I'm using FTX Central 3 and Global plus Pilots mesh but that won't affect lights I don't think.

• 1 month later...

Archived