"Cub around Oz"

maxter

Hi all,

Just thought i'd post a screenie from Leg 9 of my "Cub around Oz" flight, this one just a short hop from Cuttlefish Bay on Kangaroo Island to Goolwa

Thanks Orbx, REX2.0, OzX and A2A for a brilliant hobby...

Posted Image

Come and visit... URL at the bottom of my sig

Cheers

Early days yet Dave.   ;D  I recon that pic really captures the enormity of the task ahead  :D  :D

It's the huge variation in Australian sceneries around this part of the world that Orbx has captured so well that really keeps me going.  That and recollections of real world car trips that I have done around many of those places keeps the interest up.

Cheers and thanks,

Hey Tim,

I have the little REX window app running in the background and I hit the Load WX button.  I then get the loading REX weather banner appear in the sim so I assumed that it was loading whatever REX considered was the real weather at the time.

Maybe I am doing something wrong and if that's so could someone please tell me how to do it properly?

I love what REX 1.0 gave me previously, so I didn't hesitate to pick up and load 2.0...  It was great.

Cheers,

Chris

Ok, so you are using the REX weather engine, but I do not see any textures loaded from REX.

A couple of things:

When using the REX weather engine, go into FSX Settings/Display/Weather Tab, and under simulation settings, make certain the the "Rate at which weather changes over time" is set to NONE.

In the Cloud Detail area, make sure that the Detailed Clouds option is selected.

Also, if you want REX textures to appear, you need to actually load a theme from the THEME CREATION area. You have to actually click INSTALL. If you want Weather Related textures, then you have to go into the Realtime Weather area, and after selecting your ICAO, click the WX TEXTURES button, BUT make sure that FSX is closed, as you cannot load textures into FSX while open. Then enter your flight, and you should be good to go.

Cheers! :)

Thanks mate, I wouldn't mind giving it a go one day.  I sure could use some company for my leg across Bass Strait.  I'm navigating only by dead reckoning  :D  Maybe we could organise a bit of a Cub squadron caravan across  :D  :D

Which On-line method do you use?

Cheers

ST, JayKae...  Thanks guys, it sounds like a plan.  I have to go now, but I will be in touch over at OzX tomorrow.

It would be great to have company for some of the legs,

Cheers and thanks again guys,

Well I've just added another GTX260 to my existing one running them in SLI and I'm amazed to say the least.

I'll post some new screenies soon.  This is how FSX was meant to run in the first place without doubt,

Cheers.

Archived