Problems with all Orbx scenery

John-bc

Recently all Orbx scenery has developed faults. I have scenery for Europe, North America and Oceania plus airports. All have worked well for years until now. Tiles constantly shifting - from forest to urban to grassland etc. 80% of tiles are correct initially but with inconsistancies such as snow tiles in the middle of grasslands in summer etc. I have tried changing the position of the scenery in the FSX scenery library. Also with the Orbx scenery my addon  GPS (Wefly) doesn't work. I have FSX Steam working on Windows 7. Other scenery software works fine. I would welcome any advice.

Hi John.

What you describe is a common problem called ground morphing. I once had a lake appear on a hillside in Scotland with Novaya Zemlya right in the center!

You might like to have a look at this to see if it helps:

If you search for 'Ground morphing' you will find several pages of content on the subject which might also help. But if not, shout up and see if a member of staff can help.

Regards.

Pontius.

P.S. Could post a screenshot?  Then other forum users can be sure of the nature of the problem.

Archived