Airport surface textures

catman63

Have recently upgraded the PC and reinstalled ORBX AU Australia, YSCB, YBBN and YBCS (none have associated add0ns). Scenery is great however grassed areas, apron, runway and taxiway textures 'washout' (see screen shots below). I also have "REX 4 - Texture Direct with Soft Clouds" (added after ORBX files). Any ideas as what's occurring here?

Any assistance greatly appreciated

Cheers

Without screens, I think I know what you mean.

Normally REX TD takes care of the grass. Did you inject the grass textures of TD?

I actually have the same issue with the runway shoulders of Sonoma County Airport despite the grass textures being injected.

Thanks Mike, it has improved it to a degree but as you can see in the attachment there is still 'blurring', particularly when compared to a similar default scenery. I still have 'Land detail textures' checked in Settings/Scenery but unchecking did not change anything.

Cheers

steve

Washout_Pt2.docx

Umm ! Something else to look at...  Perhaps posting screenshots of your sim settings will help.

Will be easier for people to help you if you are posting your screenshots in your post as instructed below,  :

Also, look here at post 17 & 20..

Mike

G'day Mike, thanks again for the advice. I have since amended the AMD Aniostropic setting from x2 to x16. Externally the view is great with a huge improvement from the cockpit view. However, from the cockpit view there is still blurring (threshold, numbers and markings) and the runway washes out from about the runway midpoint I can live with it but would obviously like to get it right. From the AMD screenshot, are there any other changes you would recommend or is it just a matter of playing with some of the settings (I am IT literate but not a programmer so some of the items/terms mean squat to me!).

Cheers and thanks again

Steve 'Catman63' Young

AMD setting.jpg

Cockpit.jpg

External.jpg

FSX Settings 1.jpg

FSX Settings 2.jpg

Hi Steve,

I don't have AMD card, so I can't help with the settings, perhaps someone else could help you.

I see in your FSX settings the Texture resolution set to 30 cm. If you look at the User guide of the ORBX payware airport (in FTX Central), you will see it is suggested to set it to 7cm (max to right). Try this...

PS: To have better quality screenshot, use "V" key while flying and the screenshot will be saved in your Pictures folder (under Flight Simulator files)in higher quality.

Mike

Archived