Blurry Textures resolved

MD_Flier

I've been having problems with blurry textures ever since the FTX Central 3 migration. Things were taking forever to load and nothing was in focus until I got very close to it. I had only Base and Vector installed prior to the migration which happened on my system just before I installed my first FTX Region, SCA. I tried lowering sliders, deleting shaders, renaming fsx.cfg, deleted scenery indexes, refreshed the texture.cfg, removed REX, ASN, and GXE. I played with NI settings for hours. I reloaded Global Base, OpenLC NA, and Vector by uninstalling and re-installing. Nothing helped. 

I did not think it was an Orbx issue, but I was out of options so I went nuclear. The other day I uninstalled every FTX product via FTX Central. Then, I reinstalled everything starting with Base, and then Open LC NA, then Vector, then SCA, NCA, and PNW, followed by all of the freeware packages.

Problem solved. Everything looks great. Sorry about clobbering your servers, Orbx. 

I've seen other have this problem as well. After re-installing, I notice that there was some photo scenery in the Providence, RI area where I didn't recall seeing it before. I was testing using the same flight for several days. It is just what I noticed to be different There is no Orbx photo scenery in the KPVD area, so it must be part of the default FSX scenery. At any rate, I hope this can help someone that knows what the installation of the Orbx products could affect in regard to photo scenery placement figure out what might have changed. It might help solve the next person's problem. I don't think any of my Orbx scenery was broken, but the re-installation seems to caused the problem to disappear. 

8B4E6BCB95CF615A37E41AC310F465F1152DF134

• 2 weeks later...

Archived