YMMLv3 Rw16 PAPI not aligned?

B77X

Did my first full autoland on YMML runway 16 yesterday in FSX:Steam. The entire way down to touchdown the PAPIs were showing 4 red even though my PMDG NGX was right on profile. Is this a misconfiguration of the ILS glideslope or something in the afcad file? Thanks

I just did the same ILS 16 in the NGX and all was fine until within the last couple hundred feet which is very common as the PAPI and GS are not the same thing nor are they in the same place. As for having 4 reds all the way down, that I just don't know. Check for conflicting afcads/ade files.

I have no problems doing an automated landing at  V3 YMML RW16 with the JB777.

One of my AI insists on landing 2 miles before any runway and it is due to the .air file. Perhaps the air file is not as exact as required. Does this happen at any other airports?

YMML.jpg

9 hours ago, petfy said:

I have no problems doing an automated landing at  V3 YMML RW16 with the JB777.

One of my AI insists on landing 2 miles before any runway and it is due to the .air file. Perhaps the air file is not as exact as required. Does this happen at any other airports?

YMML.jpg

and it stays like that through landing?

I am using the fsx ground poly and no static aircraft option, if that has a different elevation. I noticed the papi as 4 red closer to the runway. saturday or sunday I'll test again.

As Dave_YVR has previously stated, when you get really near the threshold, the PAPI lights are no longer aligned to the glideslope.

Also, when the aircraft captures the glideslope, it does tend to porpoise until it settles on the glideslope, but other than that I get 2 white and 2 red all the way down.

Archived