KBHB elevation issue on P3D3 V3

lgustavo

Hi Luiz,

It looks like the FTX Global Freeware airports files were not correctly disabled by the installer. Locate the following files:

-ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBHB.BGL

-ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBHB_CVX.BGL

-FTX_FTXG_KBHB_objects.BGL

And delete or disable them.

Was this installation done via an FSS installer or FTX Central? If it was FTX Central, I will double check that the installer is set up to disable the files. 

Regards,

Alex

Alex

Great Job! The elevation is perfect now after i deleted the 3 files you asked me to. If i remember right, i downloaded the NA airports initially from FSS and then updated it using FTX Central 3 recently.

Many thanks and have a wonderful New Year!

P.S. I have all airports you have launched so far...love them all and still waiting for Brazilian airports in the future!

Luiz

Good to hear :)

KBHB can be reinstalled with FTX Central if you would like, it should disable the files for you. If freeware airports are installed later then it can cause elevation issues with conflicting payware, that is a flaw in the system design.

Alex

May i suggest Orbx to have a wider variety of general aviation airplanes parked on the ramp on future airports? Here is a short list:

-Mitsubishi MU2

-Beechcraft Duke

-Falcon 2000

-Falcon 50 and 10

-Learjet 55/60

-Legacy 450/500

There are many others i would like to suggest, but i am pretty sure that this short list would be greatly appreciated by Orbx customers!

Luiz

In the background, I have been working with John on increasing our access to assets like static aircraft so we can have greater variety and quality. I'm not sure when we'll start seeing newer assets show up in projects but I am hopeful for the first half of the year.

Bar Harbor is actually quite accurate in regard to it's static aircraft. I took note of what aircraft visited when I was on site and matched up the placement with a few different aerial photos as well. Lots of small single engines on the GA ramp, there was actually a Buccaneer off in the corner. The Cape Air C402 was unique to Bar Harbor along with the paint I did for the Saab 340. 

The most significant aircraft missing from the airport is a CRJ-200 now that Elite Airways has started its seasonal service. Maybe some more variety in the private jets as well, Learjets were very common if I recall :)

Archived