OpenLC NA P3d OOMs

jbirdsal

Gentlemen:

I have also been noticing a recurrence of OOMs in an otherwise stable P3d following the migration of openLC NA. This appears to be in the northeastern United States, and manifests itself with a slow swelling of VAS -- very much like in FSX.  It appears as though P3d is unable to release the openLC textures; or else I'd pin it on a memory leak.  The starting VAS numbers within the affected region aren't bad, it's a the "continuous slow build" problem we all remember from FSX.

Has ORBX development team seen anything like this?  Of note, you would need to be flying cross country and have an enroute time in excess of 2-3 hours for the buildup to become noticeable.

Any guidance would be appreciated; for now, simply uninstalling openLC NA has completely resolved the leak, although I don't really consider this an appropriate long-term solution.  OpenLC is an excellent scenery, and the good usable VAS on startup suggests balanced design consideration in the programming; this appears to be just a bug.

Cheers,

Jason

Unfortunately, without any data to support your claims, it is difficult to pinpoint where the issue lies.  There has been a lot of buzz in the past about performance issues with OpenLC NA, which can be found through a quick search of the forums, but if your issue doesn't conform to previous issues from others, then shedding a little more light on your specific problem, as well as settings, add-ons installed and even what hardware you are using, will only help get you the support you seek.

Fair enough, thank you for the guidance.  Specific location is indeed difficult to pinpoint, although the VAS creep is most apparent in the Eastern United States.  Running Prepar3d v3.3, Win 7 64bit, Active Sky 16, FsCaptain, and various aircraft addons.  My last two flights, both of which exhibited this issue were KMDW - KMIA in the Manfred Jahn DC-3 and KMDW - KLGA in the A2A B-17.  Pertinent addon sceneries include FS Global, Vector, and OpenLC NA (along with all ORBX regions, although none should be applicable to the subject routes), FlyTampa KMDW, Drzewiecki KLGA and LatinVFR KMIA V3.

Rig is Alienware Aurora R4 six core i7-3960x clocked at 3.30GHz (not overclocked), 16GB RAM, 2TB RAID 10 HD, single NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti with current drivers (as of this writing).

Hope this helps; wish I could narrow the set of circumstances under which VAS seems to bleed out.

Cheers,

Jason

Archived