Australian Flight Simulation Centre Research Survey

The FlightSim Store and Digital Simulation Services Australia are currently investigating the potential for opening a retail presence that caters to both enthusiasts and serious cockpit builders. The questions in this survey will help us to establish the feasibility of this venture and help us understand how we can better serve the Australian and global flight simulation community.

As a participant in this survey and for providing thoughtful responses to the questions that will be presented you have the chance to win a $50 Gift Voucher that can be redeemed against your next purchase at The FlightSim Store. The winner will be drawn on Wednesday the 30th of September 2009 at the office of The FlightSim Store and will be contacted via the email address provided as part of this survey.

Please Note: This survey is open to Australian participants only. Respondents from other countries are ineligible to win the draw.

To participate in this survey please click the following link:

http://surveyor.flightsimstore.com/index.php?sid=27574〈=en

I am somewhere in between.  For instance I would like a range of hardware, preferably plug and play that I can easily add to my 'standard' desktop system.  For me, the technical competence needed to create a motion, or non-motion cockpit is too great for me.  Also I don't want to fly the same aircraft all the time, which is what a home built cockpit would do. I have flown the commercial 737 cockpit at shopping centres and they are great, yet it is the same aircraft all the time. Something like the VRInsight MCP, the GoFlight modules, Saitek yoke addons and the like appeal to me, but I must be assured of easy configuration (the VRinsight MCP has a woeful press) and ready use.

That makes me a true hybrid I guess:  I want a little bit of each.

Archived