help - problem transfer Orbx scenarios

Fabio

Hello to all from an Italian user, thank you for welcoming me.
I bought several Orbx products.
Now I want to transfer these products to other SSD disk of my PC.
I tried to transfer the folder and place the library Fsx.
Unfortunately, when I install new scenarios with Ftx v.3, the library can not find the Orbx scenarios that I had moved. They are reset...

How can i do ?

Thanks !

Hello,

13 hours ago, Fabio said:

I tried to transfer the folder and place the library Fsx.

Orbx (and a lot of subdirectories of FSX) are not supposed to be elsewere than under FSX directory.

Windows 7 and upper offers a facility named "Junction" which allow to move the content of a folder on another disk, and keep it accessible using the old path.

This is an official facility integrated in Windows and supported by Microsoft, and thus SAFE : search for "NTFS junction point" to have all the details

If, for example, you have moved the folder ORBX to another drive, let say Z:, you have to create a "junction point" were it was before.

Example : You have moved F:\FSX\ORBX\ to Z:\ORBX

You need to create the "junction point"  F:\FSX\ORBX\  which will give access to the content of Z:\ORBX

Warning : the "path" F:\FSX\ORBX\ must no more exist to be able to create the junction

mklink /J F:\FSX\ORBX Z:\ORBX 

Now every program looking for F:\FSX\ORBX will work as if you did not moved the folder...

Great, is not it :)

Warning : take backups, I will not assume any responsibility in case of loss of data !

Many thanks Gaab!
Now I was already reloading all my scenarios with Ftx on the original C drive where I installed Fsx. I still have a little over 60 gigs available on that disc.
My intention would be to move precisely in the future the Orbx folder with the system you suggested: Nftx.
It would be the ideal thing because in this way I can also make use of as many as 700 gigabytes of space for future Orbx scenarios.

I hope Orbx will not reset my library when I go to buy other scenarios ...
Greetings from Pavia - Italy

Archived