ORBX New Zealand - Missing airports

Rodrigo Franco

Hi Voyager! My simulator is the FSX SE... I tried to reinstall the NZ South / NZ North, without success. I realized that the major airports are there without any problem. The problem seems to affecting most of small airfields, LIke this one for exemple...

You can see my plane on the Runway 30 of NZCX - Coromandel Peninsula, North Island

I can see the airport buildings around, but there's no airfield, only grass.

The screenshot is attached. 

fsx_2016-11-24_11-31-29-76.jpg

Is there any tool to fix that problem for FSX? Or any other suggestion?

Can you please confirm that if it is a issue or normal behavior for ORBX NZ addon.

36 minutes ago, Rodrigo Franco said:

[...]

I can see the airport buildings around, but there's no airfield, only grass.

The screenshot is attached. 

fsx_2016-11-24_11-31-29-76.jpg

[...]

It seems like it is  this way. The rolling paving is not well defined. Look this on my end:

NZCX .jpg

Voyager

ps: and from this point o view:

NZCX1 .jpg

Voyager

Thanks for the quick reply. Now I see this one is normal comparing with you screenshot and match with the real life airport watching it on Youtube: /watch?v=GmQFGX1z_vY

But there still something stranger for me. In the "select a airport" in the FSX, and filtering country: NEW ZEALAND, there are many entries like this...  ID: N020, N021 ,N022.

Sandhill Creek, ID: N282,   Seems like an airfield lost in the middle of nowhere..  I can't even find a airfield with that name on Google. lol Can you please confirm if its real or just part of NZ addons? 

Hi Rodrigo,

There are MANY hundreds of airfields in NZSI/NZNI that do not have legitimate ICAO's, so I made some up so they could be added to FSX as it REQUIRES an ICAO for each airport.  Many are not at the exact location of their real life counterparts but as close as I could place them considering the mesh I had to work with.

They are just as noticeable in FSX as they would be in real life, ie:  not very noticeable, but each has a grass airfield texture and center line.

Trevor did a 20 of these airfields in NZSI, they start with a Txxxx, mine start with a Nxxxx.

Cheers, Neil

Archived