QANTAS Connie

tennyson

Did a bit of research on these birds.

VH-EAT was one of the Super Constellations flown by QANTAS in the good old days. Hard to find good photo's but I'm almost done with it.

Will upload to OZX soon as I'm finished, if anybody wants it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Frank

Well done, looks good.

Question, I have just bought the model from Just Flight (O/no xxxxx2A66C8) but as I'm currently in QLD and a long way from my FSX machine won't be able to open it for a while.

Does the package have a paint kit that comes with it? Seem to remember something but can't find an answer now.

Thank you.

The Connie comes with a paint kit, but I prefer to start from scratch.

The "Super Constellation" logo was hard to track down. I could only get one fuzzy pic of it, so I made it myself and applied to the various areas.

It's still nice to fly around Oz in our own aircraft.

Still got some fine tuning to do with alignment, but should be finished with it soon

Frank

The Connie comes with a paint kit  .....

It's still nice to fly around Oz in our own aircraft.

Frank

OK thank you, and I agree having submitted two Qantas liveries on the A2A B377 to the AVSIM library. AND 3 more waiting to submit when they get their repairs complete.

Guest Aussieman

Frank,

Maybe a couple of daylight shots would be nice. Very hard to make out the details in such a dark shot.

Bruce,

Why not upload them to the OZx site??

Cheers

Pat

Bruce,

That's exactly the site I was talking about.

I did a bit more research yesterday and I have to change the rego as VH-EAT was never really flown. It was ordered by Qantas, but cancelled.

Also made a mistake with the model. VH-EAT was indeed a 'super' connie, but the model depicted is that of a standard 'Connie', so thanks to the site I found, I'll change the rego to one of the standard connies that Qantas flew.

I'll have those changes done tonight and will repost a few daytime shots to show you how it looks,

Frank

Nice work so far Frank. Will look forward to the daytime shots.

I was contemplating doing a Qantas paint myself, but I'm new to the aircraft artistry business so I'll happily use yours when you release it.

Greg

Well, after a lot more research, I found a few photo's of VH-EAA, one of the first Connies in the Qantas fleet.

Named the Ross Smith, she was originally a polished metal beauty (that will be my next paint) but later painted in the Qantas livery.

I've spent a full day changing it and lining up the textures. I've still got some work to do, but it's getting close.

Here are some pics from todays endeavours.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

When I'm finished, I'll pack it up in the Just Flight packager for download,

Frank

Well, she's all finished and I'm itching to get to the new one!

I'm just gonna head over to OZx and see if I can upload it in case anybody wants it.

I have opted for the rudimentary installation method (via a zip file) instead of using the inbuilt paint kit installer. I've included a pretty self explanatory ReadMe file for installation instructions.

Here's a coupla final pics showing the mobile stairs cart in Qantas colours (what a mongrel lining up textures on this!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Frank

UPDATE

A very observant person bought to my attention, the fact that there was only one folder in the connie package.

The finished livery was supposed to contain only a clean skin aircraft (without the speedpack) (as per top pic) as I could not find any photo's of the original aircraft carrying it.

I had, however, painted the speedpack in the revised colour sheme, but had intended leaving it out.

Unfortunately the finished aircraft actually had the speedpack fitted(as per second pic).

Posted Image

Posted Image

The file has now been revised and uploaded to OZx via the same link and has both the clean skin aircraft textures and that of the speedpack version with their respective thumbnails and a readme with full instructions as to the installation.

Here's the link:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=744

Sorry about the gaff, I guess I should sack the beta testing team....ah, hang on a moment, that's me!

Frank

Archived