AI Traffic (AU & NZ) - Possible Installer Issue with FTX Central v3

aussieh

Hi All,

I recently upgraded from P3D v2 to v3 which of course involved re-installation of my Orbx scenery. This happily also coincided with the release of FTX Central v3 and the change to OrbxDirect. I reinstalled the freeware AI Traffic initially selected the "Add to Account" option via the website. FTX Central then happily downloaded and installed it for me. I then went to the control panel and de-selected the default AI traffic, selected the FTX traffic along with the FlyTampa YSSY enhanced APX file and the enhanced ATC sound file.

On loading the simulator I discovered that the AI had installed correctly in terms of models however the enhanced ATC sound file was missing. Upon further research I determined you had to select this to be installed during the installation process (I had initially forgotten this as it had been a while since my last install of FTX AI Traffic). With the extremely streamlined download/install process within FTX Central v3 I did not receive an option to install these additional files (perhaps the process is just a tiny bit too efficient in this specific circumstance??). I reinstalled the files via a downloaded v5 installer I had from my FSX:SE install (pre Central v3) and that has rectified the issue, however I thought it was perhaps worth bringing to your attention.

This is in no way a complaint at the very comprehensive and impressive AI traffic package! Out of curiosity I have been unable to determine exactly what the enhanced APX file does if anyone can shed some light on this? Also, as it's extremely new I'm not sure if you're aware that Tiger Australia has just changed callsigns to "Tig-Oz". I am aware that I can fix that myself but again thought it was worth bringing to your attention for a future update.

Kind Regards,

Haydn

Archived