FTX AU BLUE demo doesn't dowload to main FSX folder

I ran the reg tool and it says "registry updated" but when I try to delete the ORBX folder It says "You need permission to perform this action". Without it deleted, I tried re-installing it but still I had no choice which folder to download it to.

You will need to run the reg tool, and manually point it towards your main FSX folder I.e C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Normally there are only a few reasons the installer is not finding your installation including: you either did not install FSX from the original DVDs or have moved the FSX folder to another drive, and therefor do not have the relevant Registry entry's

The 2 Tools I linked you to will be able to fix this, there is also a very informative read-me included with the second tool that explains the process

once the tool has run, delete the erroneous ORBX folders you have installed, do a reboot of windows, and then proceed to install the demo (with UAC OFF, and right clicking the installer and forcing it to run in "admin mode" )

Cheers

Tim

post-1377-130204030224_thumb.jpg

Archived