LOTS of buildings and trees in water areas

Daemonhunter

Quick run down - After my flight sim computer died, I have just built a new computer, purchased FSX:Steam and I am reloading my previous ORBX files.

Yesterday I loaded Global Base 140, Three AUS regions, Cairns and Meigs airports, and after fixing an issue with missing POI buildings at Meigs airport (thanks to Tim and Doogles) everything seem to be going great.

Today I loaded my original PNW file and two NA airports (Jefferson Count, Falls Creek) and as soon as I did I noticed that all the water areas were covered in buildings and trees.So I redownloaded the latest versions of all three and reinstalled. Ran FSX and still and the same issue. I then reinstalled Global Base, ran FTX Central several times lookimng for updates, and reran moduleinstaller (just for good measure), all to no no avail.

I was hoping the issue might just be confined to the PNW area, but when I went back to Meigs in Chicago and Cairns International I now have the same issue everywhere.

I have loaded two screenshots to help explain the issue. All help greatly apprecaited.

Thanks guys

2016-11-1_20-36-44-532.BMP

2016-11-1_16-48-3-632.BMP

Hi Richard,

The solution by Holger wasn't quite the right fix, but it was on the right path. It did as suggested and replaced the terrain.cfg file in orbx\scripts\ftxcentral\work but didnt see any change. I then completely deleted that file (by renaming of course) and FSX / FTX Central need whinge at all. I then searched and found the terrain.cfg file directly under the FSX folder, renamed that and got lots of error messages. When I tested the suspect areas the original problem was gone (lots of buildings trees in the correct water areas), mainly because the main water areas had been replaced with lovely land areas - which actually looked pretty good excpet that the entire Cairns waterfront was now a lovely pine forest :)

So figuring I was on the right track, I replaced the terrain.cfg directly under FSX with a backup file I found in orbx\scripts\ftxcentral\installbackup and it (I'm 99% sure) fixed all my issues. So thanks for the advice it definitely pointed me in the right direction.

Please mark this issue as resolved.

Archived