Issue With scenary in AU blue demo

davidoz

Hi,

I have recently downloaded the Au blue demo and noticed issues with the scenery. Trees are overlapping roads and on some areas cars are not driving on the roads, slightly off it.

I believe this issue isn’t caused by your product but has been caused due to other freeware that I installed such as auto gen tree upgrades ect.. When I first got FSX I went a bit crazy and installed a lot of add ons without properly reading installation instructions.

Is there anyway to fix this issue without reinstalling fsx which would be a bit of a nightmare.

I also noticed (from reading threads) that people have there orbx folder installed in there fsx folder. Mine is installed in the same drive but not in the fsx folder would this be affecting anything? And should I move it to the fsx folder?

Thanks,

Hi there David

Yes the ORBX folder should be installed inside the main FSX folder

To fix it:

1, Go to your Scenery library in FSX and delete and remove any FTX entry's you have

2, delete the ORBX folder you have

3, re-install the FTX demo, and make sure it installs inside the main FSX folder

if your FSX installation is on another drive or partition you will need to make sure to point the installer towards it

if the installer cannot find FSX then you may need to run the FSX registry fixer tool http://fullterrain.com/hotfixes_patches/FSX_Registry_Fix.zip

Let us know how you go

Cheers

Tim

Hi,

I managed to re-install the blue demo again in the fsx folder and it has fixed everything but one thing. The trees are still showing on roads is there any way i can fix this? maybe change my auto gen settings or something.

Thanks in advance

Hi again David, I would like to check this out myself, any chance you would be able to copy-paste the "Map" coords at one of these locations?

You can highlight the coords and press CTRL+C to copy, then come here and CTRL+V to paste into a reply

Cheers muchly ;)

Tim

Thanks for the reply again,

Ill do this when i get home tonight.

Keeping in mind i am pretty sure it has to do with me changing the tree.bgl file when i first had fsx to a modified file which improved tree quality or something like from memory (it was a year or so ago i installed that file) or another addon i installed.

Archived