Can't re install pilots fs global 2010

Snowy-uk

I have had to re install my p3d and scenery. I uninstalled Pilots FSGlobal2010 using the uninstaller and then re downloaded the fs2010 files. I uncompressed them into a folder and ran the installer. it asked which version I wanted for which I chose p3d v3. it spent a few minutes preparing core data and then it said 13 of 13 and the installer is about to be executed, do not click finish on this wrapper etc, I clicked OK and it asked if I wanted to check for updates which I did, it said I was already running the latest setup so I pressed OK. It then jumped to the wrapper saying it had completed processing and to click finish to close the wizard. That's it.
Nothing seems to have installed??

have tried to install the product while telling it i do not want it to check for updates but it still goes straight to the completed screen. It asks which version i want to install so i chose p3d. It then never asks anything re location of p3d etc, just straight to completed. 
When i first installed fs2010 i got all the apps showing in windows 8. I used the uninstall app to remove the program but now nothing. No apps no folders etc. 
It must be checking somewhere that tells it its installed. I have already searched the registry and deleted any reference to fs2010. 
I dont think its fair that pilots will not give any support due to me purchasing it from fss. I have tried their support but they just said try running the installer without checking for updates, which i already have done. 
Any suggestions gratefully received 

jon

Archived