USAF F16 at Avalon Airshow 2009

gibo

Hi,

I'm sure that I read that there was USAF F16 at Avalon this year, a D model and from the US Pacific Airforce. This one is from Japan.

Great aircraft and great scenery combine make a realistic experience. And the sound on this one is awesome. Even the spectators are taking photos as I flew around ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Note the runways showing on the ground radar. I won't drop the bombs here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i'm confused? nothing new about that hehe, ok I got the free airshow mode for YMAV but I only see planes sitting on the ground, DO I need to buy the YMAV airport for it to work?

Do I have to buy the DVD SP2? As I have the DVD SP3 installed?

???

Nice shots , I have often been in that crowd at Avalon and ejoyed the F-16 perfomance.

Of couse I enjoy the whole airshow experience.

Its a great looking plane , is it the Aerosoft release ?

Whats it like to fly ?

I am very seriously considering getting it soon .

The problem is , I have so often read rave reviews of commercial aircraft releases only

to be very disappointed with the poor quality when I have subsequently purchased

them .

Your views on the F-16 would be appreciated .

Cheers

Cobs

Nice shots , I have often been in that crowd at Avalon and ejoyed the F-16 perfomance.

Of couse I enjoy the whole airshow experience.

Its a great looking plane , is it the Aerosoft release ?

Whats it like to fly ?

I am very seriously considering getting it soon .

The problem is , I have so often read rave reviews of commercial aircraft releases only

to be very disappointed with the poor quality when I have subsequently purchased

them .

Your views on the F-16 would be appreciated .

Cheers

Cobs

If you haven't already got it, get the VRS F/A-18E Super Hornet. No other military payware addon comes anywhere near close to it.

Hi All,

Too many questions for one name.

The aircraft is the latest IRIS aircraft found here http://www.irissimulations.com/home.php and the scenery is of course ORBX found here ;). I have purchased Avalon add on airport and there is a freeware Avalon Airshow add on that you can swith on and off in the Avalon Airshow Mode Option. It is really great. There are even camera flashes from the crowd.  :o The aircraft is from IRIS and not part of the Airshow package, I'm sorry if I made it sound that way.

None of the screenshots have been edited. If they seem dark I have installed a module that I found at OZX where you press "shift F12" to darken FS a bit. I think it makes FS better. When you go back to normal the view seems very pale in comparison. Personal preference I suppose. If anyone wants to know the module let me know and I will find details. It is not OZX created but mentioned in one of the forums.

Happy flying,

gibo

Thanks Matt and Gibo .

I was keen on F-18 Superbug but I gather that the key/activation is by internet , and

having read an interview with its author it sounded like a company that may fold if

insufficient sales are made .

Then if you have to reload your computer at some time in the future .....no activation key

available because the company has evaporated !

I think this aspect has put a lot of potential buyers like myself off .

Additionally its ONLY for flt simulator 9 ,NOT for FSX.

Cheers

Cobs

Hi Cobs,

Yhe VRS is definitley worth having a look at. I reinstalled FS9 in my new PC for it and a few other favourite aircraft such as Aeroworx B200, T37 Microsimulator, Tinmouse B737 200 that I have for FS9 only. VRS have done things that nobody thought possible with FS9. It is very realistic. It can only get better with FSX version which VRS says will be available soon.There is an RAAF repaint as well.

Cheers,

gibo

You guys have really got me worried .

I do want the f-18 Superbug ... and you have convinced me its worth

getting , I saw the video of it that came with PC Pilot magazine ,

very impressive .

..... Problems !

I also want the F-16 , either Iris or Aerosoft , not sure yet .

At this rate my Bank manager will never talk to me again .

Thanks to all for the insights , I' sure I'll enjoy both .

Regards  Cobs

You guys have really got me worried .

I do want the f-18 Superbug ... and you have convinced me its worth

getting , I saw the video of it that came with PC Pilot magazine ,

very impressive .

..... Problems !

I also want the F-16 , either Iris or Aerosoft , not sure yet .

At this rate my Bank manager will never talk to me again .

Thanks to all for the insights , I' sure I'll enjoy both .

Regards  Cobs

Don't worry about the Bank Manager, they aren't human any more. Besides some of the Aussie Banks have wiped their account over draw fees of $30. If you overdew 3 times that's $90 which is now a savings, that will just about pay for the 3 titles. So my advice is get the lot and worry about it later.

I ended up getting the IRIS F-16 , its rather good , still working my way through the manual .

It has some features I like , not yet up to loading bombs but definitely will.

Still want the VRS Superbug , it looke awesome.

Ohhhh ... and .. want the Aerosoft F-16 , read somewhere about a fantastic sounding

radar that is either in it or more probably can be added to it , if the radar is half as good as the

hype then its a 'must have' item from my viewpoint .

I do not like Virtual cockpits ,with or without IR tracker , they are very unrealistic and create

a spacial distortion  , within limits 2D is closer to the real thing , I usually avoid like the plague

aircraft that do not have a 2D cockpit  , the above 3 have particular features that I'm after.

Have decided to to take to heart banking and bank manager advice..

will change my name and appearance every six months , some have suggested that I should also

change my sox that often .. no idea why !

Cheers

Cobs

Archived