[ANSWERED] question regarding AI Arrivals and a few missing flights

Hi all ok I am here to bug you all again. haha

firstly i have the traffic sliders all the way up at 100 both GA and Airlines is this correct?

the reason I ask is that if the AI traffic is based on actual times and flights why is it that so many have to go around? 3 or 4 or 5 landing at the same times? is this normal or is it that in real life they just get slowed down?

also noticed that QF20 from YBBN to YSSY at 5:10 am on the 7th July was not there (i was on this plane going to Shanghai) it goes to YSSY but comes from manilla then after YSSY goes back to manilla.

also QF129 from YSSY to shanghai at 10:15 was not there nor were QF130 from shanghai to YSSY at around 9:30am these were the flights I was on.

QF20 is a part time flight from the international terminal

ok thats my 2 cents worth :)

You are quite correct to set your sliders to 100% if you want to see all the scheduled AI aircraft. Obviously, as you turn those sliders down, you will see fewer aircraft.

Unlike the real Air Traffic Controllers, FSX is unable to place aircraft in a holding pattern and schedule them to land in an orderly manner. FSX just sends them all in at their appointed time and it depends on how quickly they land and clear the runway as to how many go arounds you have. FSX also has the 37 minute rule. If an aircraft does not land within 37 min. of it's scheduled landing time as per the AI Traffic file, it just disappears. I assume that is to stop it from going around indefinitely.

There is a program called AISmooth which manages AI aircraft landings by placing multiple landing aircraft in a 'sort of' holding pattern. This results in more orderly landings with fewer go-arounds. AISmooth was first developed for FS9 and has since been modified to work with FSX. The current version is V1.2 and a Google search for AISmooth V1.2 should locate it for you.

QF20 is included in the FTX AI traffic pack as is QF129 and QF130. QF20 only stops in Brisbane on Tuesdays and departs at 5:10 and is definitely included in the Traffic file at that time. It's a Boeing 767-300 and you certainly should be seeing it.

QF 130 is scheduled in the AI Traffic file to arrive from Shanghai at 8:30 and QF129 is scheduled to return at 9:15. I checked these times on the Qantas website this morning and they are still correct. I am not sure when the later times you refer to were current.

It is possible that you may not have enough parking spots at these airports to accommodate all your AI aircraft. If you are using the FSX default airports, then there will definitely not be enough. Once all the available parking spots are occupied at an airport, no further AI aircraft will be visible there.

I have developed a modified APX file with more parking spots and correct parking allocations for each airline for a few of the major Australian airports. I've attached my APX for Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide for use with the FSX default airports if you do not have any others available.

just place these files in your Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/Scenery folder and fly.

Graham, these files make a fantastic difference in these airports!!  Any chance there may be additional files for other Au airports?..

Many, many thanks for these!  ::)

Joseph

I'm sorry Joseph, I have done a few others including Perth and Darwin, but they really only work on my system as I have made some changes to my scenery to fit the APX.

I have Cairns and Canberra but they are both WIP and made to suit the upcomming releases by Orbx of those airports over the next few months. 

Archived