Motorized Gliders anyone?

mmglads

Hi all, found this freeware motorized glider when doing a "trawl" for a payware version (couldn't find one). Thirty years ago I was building & flying model aircraft - all types, scale models were a favourite - & gliders were a great way to relax after the "stress" of putting your newly built treasure into the air!

So here's a few relaxing shots after screaming around in the Hunter for a couple of days....

Gentle climbout from YLIS

Posted Image

It's very peaceful up here - engine off

Posted Image

Time to start her up again...

Posted Image

I'd like to give all credit to the folks who produced this (and other) freeware gliders - http://www.fsglider.de/p_sg5_e.htm

love the second shot  ;)

we have a couple of motorised gliders in my local area - awesome beasts to watch on climb, especially when flying in close proximity to them.

Nice shots!

Gliding is superb in Flight Unlimited III by the way. The details with which Looking Glass (the makers of FU III, who closed shop in the year 2000) designed the air modelling for gliding was stunning.

Thanks all - Naji, I still have a copy of Flight Unlimited III - and all updates. I wonder how it would look now (& run!) on Windows 7 with today's hardware! Hmmm......

Cheers Siggi for the Aerosoft update, I'll have a look.

I installed FUiii on my Vista 64 machine, i7-965, GTX 280 a couple of weeks back. It installed fine with FUii scenery, but I still have to tweak to make the graphics proper. I guess all these technological advances in processor and graphics card are making the sim harder to set up to run beautifully like in the past.

I really love FUiii, especially the incredible rain effects, the ATC, the photoreal scenery, the sense of flying, and I like to keep it on my PC for the occasional flight and for nostalgic reasons :). I am really considering making my XP machine specifically set up for FUiii with the graphics card that ran this sim most beautifully in the past: the 3dfx Voodoo 5 5500, which I think I still have!

Archived