Asheville and KAVL

Pete Wilcox

Before installing the latest Freeware Airports release with the fixes I noticed I had an awesome Asheville, NC.  It appeared on the east end you could even see what looked like the Biltmore Estate and several more buildings.  After the release they are no gone and the airport has a large brown spot.  Was there an intended change or could something have gone wrong. 

I am scratching my head wondering what could have happened.  Unfortunately I don't have a previous picture.

2016-9-11_12-28-35-48.jpg

Just for the record this has nothing to do with the freeware airport KAVL because I turned all the KAVL files to .off and it didn't make any difference to the surrounding landclass. 

So the only question is what happened to Asheville?  I know I wasn't dreaming seeing all the buildings approaching RWY 16.

Did you install the latest library files => OrbxLibs

When done that then run the migration tool available under the troubleshooting tab of FTX Central v2

Once you run the migration tool there will be popping up several MsDos screens

It can take a bit of time, but please wait till a little pop up appears that the migration is complete

Hit OK

To check if it went correctly use the migration troubleshooter => ".....\ORBX\Troubleshooter\MigrationTroubleshooter.exe

Wait till it does it's thing and the msDos screen will give green text behind the various sceneries

Thanks Wolter, yeah I tried all the usual suspects but to no avail.  The unique building I thought was the Biltmore Estate was actually on approaching RWY 32 not 16.

I can't figure out what happened but like I said I didn't notice the change until after running the latest freeware airports.

Archived