Installing multiple patches after starting again

hlminx

HI all

I've had to start almost from scratch again after problems with corrupted terrain.cfg that was producing trees where they shouldn't be (now solved! See:

I have FTX Global, Vector and Open LC Europe running with FSX acceleration (boxed)

My question is: When installing from my boxed copies of England, California, Rocky Mountains etc...

1. Do i have to load FSX and fly after each patch is loaded?
  2. Do i have to run the elevation tool between each patch?
  3. Can i wait till i have installed all patches before i run the latest LIBS?
  4. The installer for England has loaded the old version of FTX Central, plus the FTX Lights Night/Day.. do i delete it?

I realise that this might seem like a simple question, and if so, my apologies, but i'm used to having patches installed as and when they come out, not having to do the entire lot in one go!

Can anyone set me straight?

Many thanks as always :D

I'd go by installing, as example the UK completely with all it's patches and updates, set the lights to "day" 

when all is installed and activated make sure to run the latest library files again and then run the migration tool once that's done do a checkride and for finishing it off run the Vector tool.

and then move on to the next region and repeat the procedure

Hi Wolter

Thanks for replying so promptly.. much appreciated.

Sounds like a good idea to do them all in one go.. will be a lot quicker too. I'll wait till i've done the entire set of patches before running the configuation tool and the LIBS.

Can i ask what the significance of the lights is? I've never set anything to do with the lights for any of the add ons..the only thing i had to remember was to set FTX Central to the right region before i loaded patches, but with Central vs2 i haven't had to do that.. Looks like its setting things on its own.

Should I delete FTX Central (the original one) from my HD given that Central vs2 is now controlling everything?

Thanks again for coming back to me on a Sunday.

Ps. Your Terrain.cfg fix is still working wonders!! Reckon you should post it in your 'Fixes' section.. 3 years or not, it could still help a lot of folks out there that are stilll suffering as i was with trees everywhere. Be well :D

the day- night- lights was/is an old version for adding lights to the sim, hence leave it off or set it to day, the new lighting system is so much better and less demanding on the system resources.

rgr in the removal of the "presumably tainted" version of the FTX Central located at  =>...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral

;)

Ahh got it. Thanks for confiming about the lights.

I'll also 'adios' the old FTX Central as well once i have installed the rest of the US regions, just in case the older installers have that version in.

Thanks again for your help. OK to mark this as Resolved now

:D

Archived