AU AI Traffic 5.0 How to Uninstall

Instructions for uninstalling the FTX AU AI Traffic pack are included on page 10 of the User Guide.

To completely uninstall the FTX AI, there are four manual steps involved:

1. (Optional) Run the FTX AI Control panel and activate the FSX or P3D Default Traffic if you wish to revert to the default AI

2. Delete all the Aircraft folders titled FTX AU xxxxxxxx from your SimObjects\Airplanes folder.

3. Delete the files Traffic_FTX International Airlines.bgl, Traffic_FTX Aust-NZ Airlines.bgl, and Traffic_FTX GA Traffic.bgl, from your Scenery\World\Scenery folder.

4. Delete the file orbx_cpl_ftxauai.xml from your ORBX\Scripts folder

I'm going to have to do the same thing. Uninstall FTX AU AI Traffic 5.00.

When I do the uninstall. Is there any way I can get  and install the previous FTX AU AI Traffic 4.00 pack?. I didn't see the previous 4.00 version in the download areas of freeware's. If the previous version is no longer available. What are my options getting and installing FTX AU AI traffic etc.?. I still do use traffic 360 AI, but I don't want to uninstall it.

GrayRider

39 minutes ago, GrayRider said:

I'm going to have to do the same thing. Uninstall FTX AU AI Traffic 5.00.

When I do the uninstall. Is there any way I can get  and install the previous FTX AU AI Traffic 4.00 pack?. I didn't see the previous 4.00 version in the download areas of freeware's. If the previous version is no longer available. What are my options getting and installing FTX AU AI traffic etc.?.

I'm not quite sure why you prefer V4.0 over V5.0. Most of the aircraft are the same as well as many of the flight schedules. V5.0 has quite a few more efficient AI aircraft models than V4.0 so should work better in your sim. A number of the older FS9 aircraft models have been removed and replaced by dedicated FSX/P3D models. V5.0 also has greatly improved aircraft sounds over V4.0.

Most of the GA AI aircraft and flight schedules are the same for both sims, just a few new paints added and aircraft no longer flying removed. Many of the airliners have updated flight schedules as well as new liveries where appropriate. New airlines flying into Australia and New Zealand have been added and those no longer flying here have been removed. V4.0 has no Boeing 787 or Airbus A350 aircraft as these newer planes were only bought into service after that pack was released.

V5.0 should give you far better performance on both sim platforms. I can now run both Brisbane and Melbourne airports with 100% AI traffic with minimum effect on frames. Again I ask, why would you want to go back?  

I thought you had mentioned with the new version 5.00, there would be some conflict with the 5.00 AI flight plans for those that use Traffic 360 for AI?. Such as seeing planes parked on top of each other so to speak.  

If  your new version 5.00 AI  flight plans work with the Traffic 360 AI plans, than I'll probably stay with the latest install of the FTX AU AI version 5.00.

GrayRider

The FTX AU AI Traffic pack version 5.0 will work with other traffic packs in exactly the same way as all the previous versions. The only warning advice was in relation to the possibility of duplicate flights. ie. The FTX pack includes all flights by Qantas throughout the world. I would assume a commercial pack like Traffic 360 would also include those same Qantas flights and would result in duplicates unless one is disabled. That has always been the case and is no different in V5.0

Archived