What Orbx landmass should I start with, and airport?

drumsonly2002

Just joined the forum last week and super impressed with what I am seeing, and the quality members on this forum. My computer at this moment is a Win XP SP-3 AMD 6000+ 3ghz, 2 meg ram, and a couple of 8800GT cards. Saitek x-52 Pro HOTAS and rudders. Matrox 3 to go, 3 x 24" Samsung LCD's. (3 to Go not installed yet). FSX and acceleration, FS-9, BOB WOV. Getting a SSD HD for flight sims only, and DoDO heli.

If I am going to invest in scenery, it will be from here, thus what do you recommend for Chopper flying? Plan to make a purchase this week and get the ball rolling. 

What really appeals to me with this forum is the hands on approach, and that means a lot of support and help with getting my rig working with the product. I know my CPU is not the best, but have to buy my computer in steps as I am self employed and money comes in via drips and drabs. Selling off one of my drum kits for computer upgrade.

Most of my flying will be nap of the earth as I like sight seeing. Eventually end up with entire country but will start small and work my way up. Thank you for all replies.

Congrats on getting into Orbx. And welcome to your new addiction   ;)

For me it just doesn't get any better than Cessnock in the Orbx Gold region. The airport is full of charm & detail everywhere you look. Cessnock is easy on the framerates too.

Ouch !

Selling a drumkit for flightsim stuff. Sorry mates, but that's where even I would have to draw the line. In response to your question, you can very safely just pick a region and an airport and you can't fail. ORBX/FTX, OZx and Ants Aussie Airfields are the pre-sliced breads in bags of the century. :)

Welcome Drumsonly,

If you buy the ORBX DVD, you'll have all of Australia. I think it's the cheapest and best way to go.

You can then get the free airports that are available from this forum and also from the AussieX site and add them to the ORBX DVD scenery and you'll have hours and hours of sight seeing.

I just went from Hervey Bay to Lady Elliot Island in a Cessna 172 and was blown away by the bird life (sounds and all) on the island. As well as the waves crashing onto the beach. The detail is staggering. Don't forget; another must have is REX2 which just puts the icing on the cake as far as flying over the great barrier reef areas.

Have fun...I'm totally addicted.

Cheers

Hank

Archived