New Installation - Scenery install question

mgschultz

Order Number: FSS0513535

I just completed a clean install of Windows 10. I'm using FSX with Acceleration (Not FSX-SE) I've installed Global Base and updates, Vector and updates, OpenLC NA Alaska/Canada, OpenLCEurope and finally OpenLCNA_USA and updates along with the latest libraries. All looks very nice and is working well.

I also have several regional ORBX products. I am now concerned that if I install them, it will cause issues with the current installation. Before I go ahead and plod along the path to destruction can somebody give me a heads up on this. Will the install of the Regional Products go well or should I expect issues.

thanks a fantastic product line.

Martin

There is an Orbx Products Installation Guide here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107252-orbx-product-installation-guide/#comment-965555

It was posted in Dec 2015 and still refers to the old FTX Central (which required switching regions), but when I switched to P3D on a new Win 10 PC this January, I installed in the suggested order and didn't have issues.

Following is copied from the guide:

---

There is no specific recommended installation order, or an installation order required to prevent errors. Products installed from the latest installers can be installed into your simulator in any order without impacting other Orbx products negatively. However, as a general guideline, we suggest installing products from largest to smallest. In this case, largest to smallest refers to geographic coverage, so the guideline would be:

• Global products, ex: FTX Global, FTX Vector, FTX Global OpenLC
  • Regions, ex: Australia SP4, Pacific Northwest, New Zealand North & South Islands
  • Airports, ex: KPSP Palm Springs, NSTU Pago Pago, PAHO Homer
  • Libraries

---

For what it is worth, since I was switching to P3D, I re-downloaded all my Orbx products from FSS so they all had the most up to date installers.

Archived