PF3 ATC

John York

Well, after giving the Poinstoft ATC a decent try and come back frustrated  each time, I decided to go back and try PF3 again and have just completed my first flight with it.  I must say I'm

impressed now it's working.

My flight was IFR CYYJ to KEUG (about 292 nm) and a bit 'Fred Karno's'.   It started fine but I got fed up with waiting at the holding point.  Probably my fault because I went over the split yellow lines a little despite my co-pilot saying; 'steady' at least three times.   Anyway, I decided to get it in the air thinking that was the last I would hear from PF3 but they caught up and saw me along the way.  Then, when approaching Approach (sorry) and not only muddled-up with the Phenom's upside down GPS, I heard no approach or landing instructions when I thought I should have so I took matters into my own hands and did a reasonably decent landing on the wrong runway and parked it!

If I had had my Avatar I would have sneeked away embarrassed.  As it was I checked the landing with the analysis and cheerfully closed it all down.

Now, I want to ask someone who is using this program how far along to the right they have the ATIS, VCP, ATC and

Radio Noise sliders.  I can't seem to get it right.  By the way, the level of sound diminished quite a bit during the flight and I don't understand that at all. 

:)

John

7 hours ago, JohnY said:

That's done it.  Thank you Andrew.

Still playing with the volume controls though.

John

A real f**ker that setting John!

originally discovered because it messed with my D-Box motion platform!

glad your all good now mate ;)

On 18/08/2016 at 4:59 PM, JohnY said:

Now, I want to ask someone who is using this program how far along to the right they have the ATIS, VCP, ATC and

Radio Noise sliders.  I can't seem to get it right.  By the way, the level of sound diminished quite a bit during the flight and I don't understand that at all. 

ATIS @ 100%

VCP @ 50 %

ATC Volume @ 70%

Radio Noise @ 50% with 'Variation' ticked.

And if your level of sound diminished during the flight, it's probably down to your set-up as, unsurprisingly, the PF3 volumes are 'fixed' at what you've set up.

Thanks Kevin.  I'll try those.

By the way.  Flew into Adelaide YPAD yesterday.  The controller actually told my CP after asking twice that he couldn't vector us on to ILS R23.  Then went silent.  I gave up. visually landed on 18 instead!

John

Archived